question regarding unanswered question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding unanswered question

As I already have been warned and had posts deleted for reposting, and having recently read a post by Voda Host regarding the misuse of the visitor messages I am not sure how to get my question answered or how to get Naval's attention to resolve my problem.

I will not link to my original question as I know that Karen will surely bann me if I do. Can somebody (moderator) please tell me what I can do? As this is a builder problem I doubt that it is anything that I would put in a support ticket.

Being on the subject of unanswered questions, is there a way to delete an unanswered post so as to repost the same question over again?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: question regarding unanswered question

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
    As I already have been warned and had posts deleted for reposting, and having recently read a post by Voda Host regarding the misuse of the visitor messages I am not sure how to get my question answered or how to get Naval's attention to resolve my problem.

George is a very busy chap, he is like yourself a client of Vodahost and is under no obligation to respond to you until he has time to do so and if he wishes to. I am sure if your original post is answerable, then it will be in time by either George or someone else who can help.

I will not link to my original question as I know that Karen will surely bann me if I do. Can somebody (moderator) please tell me what I can do? As this is a builder problem I doubt that it is anything that I would put in a support ticket.

Being on the subject of unanswered questions, is there a way to delete an unanswered post so as to repost the same question over again?
    No... if it wasn't answered the first time, it could be for a number of reasons. It could be that no one has had time to answer it yet, it could be it was asked in such a way that no one understood the question clearly, it could be that no one knows the answer?

Trust me, if there is an answer to your question in your original post, it will get answered, but we are all clients like yourself who are here just to try and help others as and when we can.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you Ramsey

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

I usually dont ban for multiple posts unless ive warned you ...and of course visitor messages.

You have to understand this is volunteer. I get THOUSANDS of questions every day. People EXTEND themselves to my mail , personal messages, messenger and elsewhere.. so yes I get a little snippy about it. We dont get paid to answer you. We try to answer everyone, not everyone has all the answers.. try running a search on the forum for answers to your questions and simply BUMP up the same post instead of making a NEW ONE if no one answers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen I always try to use the search and that after exhaustive attempts through trial and error of resolving the problem.

What do you mean by BUMP up the post???

I have always wondered about the fact that this forum is volunteer and the tutorials so brief. I get annoyed when I see questions like "how do I create a link?" or "how do I increase my page size?" which only waste the time of everyone and limits the replies to those who have real questions.
          my site has been up and running, limitedly, because I can not get my menus to work.(where do I turn to after the forum?)

Is there a text manual anywhere that goes beyond the tutorials? where do or did the moderators get their answers?

P.S. do you know what happened to the webinars? I can not find any info in the forum search.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Bump up the post- post on the same thread ..so when someone clicks on NEW POSTS it goes back to the the top of the list.

Experience is where we got these answers. No theres no specific TEXT manual, however, if you google HYPERLINKS you will get a plethora of pages of information.

The bottom line is that at SOME point you will have to start learning some BASIC html..which LINKS are..and menus are simply a collection of links. Therefore you are just making it harder than it has to be by thinking there is some magical shortcut. There isnt. You can put any LINK in those menus to anywhere on the web... including your forum. Simply type in the URL TO IT. http://www.yoursitewhateveritis.com/forum/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, thanks for the "BUMP" up explanation; will give it a try...as for the New Posts...just learned that feature two days ago...so many features, so many links, so little info on the form works itself. Not sure how many newer users have not yet discovered this feature.

I have always wondered about the fact that this forum is volunteer and the tutorials so brief. I get annoyed when I see questions like "how do I create a link?" or "how do I increase my page size?" which only waste the time of everyone and limits the replies to those who have real questions.
              my site has been up and running, limitedly, because I can not get my menus to work.(where do I turn to after the forum?)

The above questions was in reference to questions posted in the forum by other useres...not my own; except that in grey.
              Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              The bottom line is that at SOME point you will have to start learning some BASIC html..which LINKS are..and menus are simply a collection of links.
              Karen
              Thats not the problem, I have 2 years of practical html coding years back; i find my hands tied with this wysiwyg.

Again,
              P.S. do you know what happened to the webinars? I can not find any info in the forum search.[/quote]

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
              Aguycanbeachhostel
              Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

I think the webinars are live only, not available to view later. If I remember, they send an email to alert you when they are coming up. I might be wrong about that. As far as I know, those were the first and only webinars--I don't know if there are plans for future ones.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

So....after reading.....what is the problem?
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi
                  Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                    I think the webinars are live only, not available to view later. If I remember, they send an email to alert you when they are coming up. I might be wrong about that. As far as I know, those were the first and only webinars--I don't know if there are plans for future ones.
                    so the webinars have already passed? I never got a notice or saw anything in the original post that announced the idea.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Working...
                    X