problem linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem linking

have tried linking with www.mysite.com/intro.html (intro is the page I am attempting to kink from index) tried http://mysite.com/intro.html tried http://www.mysite.com/intro.html and none of these work. I am using (mysite.com) instead of the actual site which is, 14ketc.com. The bill has been paid. What do I need to do? I have a link on 14ketc.com at the bottom of the page that says, click here to look around. I have watched video over and over and tried all of these over and over. I have tried them with blank, self, parent, top, and nothing. I know it is operator error, but can someone tell me where the error is. If I have missed something in this request that I already tried I am sorry, but I have honestly tried everything I can think of. I have tried it with pages other than intro with the same results. These are all pages saved. Help.

Re: problem linking

Sounds to me like you have not saved the "intro" page correct &/or uploaded. Sorry if they sound simple, but even the best of us make a mistake! GOODLUCK

Open bluevoda (BV) and select "file" from top left menu
    Then select "open page"

Make sure you have a paged saved as "intro" NOT "intro.html"
    If its there.....Right click and rename it to intro again, incase theres an extra space somewhere it shouldn`t be........!

Then Open your "intro" page using BV!
    Hold ALT and press V then P (This opens your page properties box)
    Make sure the "file extension" is set to "HTML"
    Then click "ok" ................and save the page again (a little habbit)

Press the "publish" button in top menu (Or hold ALT, press F then U)
    Your "publish webpage" box will appear!

Make sure Username and password are correct.
    Make sure the "folder" you are publishing to is "public_html" only
    And "files" is "publish all files"

Then Publish!

Go to your websites home page and refresh it a few times before trying your "intro" link (Fingers Crossed)

If no luck still.............

Go back to BV program and Open "FTP Manager" in the "tools" drop down menu to see if the page is there at all!
    (or hold ALT, Press T then F)

Once you have opened FTP Manager press "connect".
    You will automatically see the contents of your Public_HTML folder in the far righthand list.

Scroll down to see if "intro.html" file is there in the righthand list.....
    Then report back here

Hope it helps

Comment

BINGO! After a few emails back and forth with the support folks and hours of cursing around in here, I found the little nugget I needed in you post TydyboyUK.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! It was the Alt-V-P tip that was exactly the part of the missing puzzle I was looking for!

Scruffy
      DJ Smith
      Sacred Heart Catholic Church

Comment

well, ive had no luck getting a response fro Voda via email in 8 hours and ive tried to ask for help on 2 other threads. im now in day 3 of trying to get my pages to link. 1/2 do and 1/2 dont. the only thing i noticed is that when trying to check the ftp mgr & public html file the pages that wont link are missing from the right side of the screen (public html folder). how do i get each file to the right side? thanks for anyones help

Comment

Working...
        X