Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drop down menu bar getting lost behind HTML!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop down menu bar getting lost behind HTML!

I have finished my webiste, but have one problem I have yet to be able to fix and after searching on the forum, I am still at a loss.

Here is the website for reference:

For example, click on the 'music' tab and then try to navigate the drop down menu...it is lost behind the HTML code I posted.

I tried moving the menu bar to the front, and also tried moving the HTML box to the back, both of which did not work.

Is there something I should try?

Thanks for the help, a great product, and a great forum!

Sprectreman

Re: Drop down menu bar getting lost behind HTML!

Looks like you got it fixed. You do need to fix the "Verge of Bliss" title because it's on two lines and should be on one.

For any interested, generally the fix for a drop down that goes behind something you want it to be in front of is to make the drop down transparent (this for a flash nav bar for example).
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
      Looks like you got it fixed. You do need to fix the "Verge of Bliss" title because it's on two lines and should be on one.

For any interested, generally the fix for a drop down that goes behind something you want it to be in front of is to make the drop down transparent (this for a flash nav bar for example).

Tom...thanks for the reply...

I still don't have it fixed and was curious if your browser was showing the HMTL box with the music player in it.

I ask because on my screen on both IE and Firefox the menus are hidden behind the widget music player, and the 'Verge of Bliss' title is on one line.

When I checked the webpage on my ******, I did see the 'Verge of Bliss' on two lines and the widget players were not appearing.

Is there anything else I need to do here?

Thanks...

Spectreman

Comment

I see the player, but you need to reduce the letter size to get "Verge of Bliss" on one line

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Here's how it looks on FF and IE is the same way. The drop down menus work properly. Note on this screen that the menus do not reach to the player.

Comment

Hmmm...interesting...

This is what it looks like in my IE and FF browser...any reason why it shows up one way for me and another way for everybody else?

Also...check the 'Music' tab...that is where the dropdowns get tucked behind the widget player.

Comment

Part of the trouble is that you are using "unsafe" fonts (notice that my browser renders the title in bold arial or similar). If you want to stick with the fonts you are using, convert them to image files. That way things would look the same on all browsers.

The music page--you're right, the menu drops down behind. My menu is an swf file that can be made transparent with a little html code. Yours is a .js file and I know nothing about that--probably check with the source you got it from. Dynamicdrive.com probably has info.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
                Part of the trouble is that you are using "unsafe" fonts (notice that my browser renders the title in bold arial or similar). If you want to stick with the fonts you are using, convert them to image files. That way things would look the same on all browsers.

The music page--you're right, the menu drops down behind. My menu is an swf file that can be made transparent with a little html code. Yours is a .js file and I know nothing about that--probably check with the source you got it from. Dynamicdrive.com probably has info.

Tom....i will change those to image files...thanks for all of the help!!!

Comment

Working...
                X