Any one on Explorer v 8 ??? or any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one on Explorer v 8 ??? or any suggestions

Ahhhhhh. I thought I had my websites running properly until I found out that someone could not get to my site at all. When they tried nothing happened - it came up as can't resolve the name. They are using Explorer v 8. I've found a code that supposedly fixes this to make it work like v7 but as I can't get ahold of the person who pointed out the problem I need a bit of help.

If someone has Explorer v 8 can they please check my site to see if it loads now. Thanks in advance.

Re: Any one on Explorer v 8 ??? or any suggestions

I'm on Explorer v 8 & the site is coming up fine on my machine. Or a page with a form.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If ur site opens in one explorer it will open in another no matter which one; the only difference is that in one it may look a bit different.

But why worry about IE....we should all switch to Firefox and send ole Bill Gates & Microsoft a message.

But yes, it is loading fine on my system too.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Thanks Chris and Travillinman. Unfortunately, we can't convince the entire world to change.

I'm going to do a bit of an experiment - I've removed the code from my .htaccess file. Does the page load now?

Comment

Originally posted by myjaydee View Post
          Thanks Chris and Travillinman. Unfortunately, we can't convince the entire world to change.

I'm going to do a bit of an experiment - I've removed the code from my .htaccess file. Does the page load now?
          Yep!
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks Chris. I'm at a compete loss here. It was my brother who was trying to view the site and he's pretty much a computer whiz selling major systems to multi-national companies. He also had tried my other site and couldn't get into it other.

When you tried this a second time had you refreshed your page first?

Comment

The form page came up fine for me as well in IE8.
              Regards

Adrian
              www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

thanks Chris. I'm at a compete loss here. It was my brother who was trying to view the site and he's pretty much a computer whiz selling major systems to multi-national companies. He also had tried my other site and couldn't get into it other.

Yep still fine! Might be worth seeing if your IP is being blocked by your brothers isp. Or if he visiting via a works computer.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Still loading fine, just as before.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                  Aguycanbeachhostel
                  Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

What kind of computer whiz is he when he is the only one who cant view your site and all of us could?
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                    X