Biased Bluevoda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biased Bluevoda

It seems that bluevoda has no compatibility with any other hosting or web domain companies other than with itself. I can only find tutorials all based on the assumption that I have done hosting, and gotten my web domain from blue voda exclusively. I already paid for a domain name and hosting, I simply wanted to build a website...so how do I make a website using bluevoda and publish it to another host (i.e. *******)? I'm not paying more money just because some company wants everything for themselves, that is pathetic and a turnoff! Somebody help me, as bluevoda won't!

Re: Biased Bluevoda

You cant. BV is for use with a VH server only. You can use your domain from where it is at the moment, but you would still need a VH account.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by fireflydjs View Post
      It seems that bluevoda has no compatibility with any other hosting or web domain companies other than with itself. I can only find tutorials all based on the assumption that I have done hosting, and gotten my web domain from blue voda exclusively. I already paid for a domain name and hosting, I simply wanted to build a website...so how do I make a website using bluevoda and publish it to another host (i.e. *******)? I'm not paying more money just because some company wants everything for themselves, that is pathetic and a turnoff! Somebody help me, as bluevoda won't!
      Re the sentence in red: I am sure I speak for an awful lot of very satisfied VodaHost customers when I say this - I had absolutely NO prior experience in website building & was, indeed, ignorant in many areas of computer work 7 months ago. I downloaded BV, took the company's advice on watching/reading the tutorials, played around a lot with test pages etc. I finally decided on a domain name, opened my account with VH & encountered a number of small problems LOL. I searched the forum threads for solutions & found 90%. The rest I asked for help from other VH "experts". Now I have transferred an old domain & started another with BV.

I have nothing but good things to say about BV/VH in regard to value for money, customer support & the access to an amazing wealth of information from other users.

Re: sentence in blue: with a little humility & a pleasant attitude in asking for help, I think you'll be surprised at how much will come your way :)

Don't give up............
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

BV is a proprietary website building editor. Some folks might
        remember MS started this way. Up until a few years ago, AAPL
        was a close-knit application - hardware and software.

In return, we get the most user-friendly editor with wysiwyg
        interface, a drag and drop editor. So for folks like me who don't
        know much about the web technical languages like HTML, CSS and God
        knows what else, this is a God-given, if you will, environment that
        we can sit down in front of the computer and start building a website.

And in return, I don't mind using Voda hosting services. I am not doing
        them a favor. They offer the same services like any other hosting platform.

But when I start with knowing almost nothing about
        the Web languages, somebody comes up to me and says you don't need
        to learn all those things and you can use my editor. Then I take it.
        It has saved me quite a bit of time.

So, No fireflydjs

The assumption is, that when you start using and testing BlueVoda
        and see how easy and friendly the user interface is, and you come to this
        forum and read the support that us folks get, you would buy a domain
        at VodaHost store and park your website there almost blindly.

That's the assumption.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

If you think BV is biased, why do you post this thread?

Use some other website builder and be done with it.

Your problemis you like BV so much and maybe fell in love with it and yo are just pissed you cant use it with your current hosting and you plainly said you dont want to spend any more money on hosting

Well we all love it too and we dont mind spending the little money so we can build our websites and oogle and google at our handywork and make a little money to boot.

It is our gain and your loss.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Speaking of "some company wants everything for " why don't u pay a few hundred dollars to Micro$oft (R) 2 use their program 2 build a website (I'm sure they have great support) and then pay another 2 host ur site.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

I would have had no problem going through bluevoda. The problem is, I already bought the domain from another company! This is for a business we are talking about. I can't just change my domain name every year! Also I wouldn't use microsoft evern if it was free!

Comment

how can I links navigate botton with pages in my site. I do not know english well

Thanks

Comment

I does not matter that u bought ur name through someone else; so did I and many others. I still pay my yearly registration to "someone else", but use BV.

Ur name registration & ur hosting really have nothing to do with one another. U can do both thru VodaHost or do one thru "someone else" and host thru VodaHost.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                  Aguycanbeachhostel
                  Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by igor.vrgoc View Post
                    how can I links navigate botton with pages in my site. I do not know english well

Thanks
                    Igor, this is not the right place 4 ur question. U should start ur own thread. (watch this video)

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

I would have had no problem going through bluevoda. The problem is, I already bought the domain from another company! This is for a business we are talking about. I can't just change my domain name every year! Also I wouldn't use microsoft evern if it was free!

Why didnt you say so in the first place?

Since you already have a Domain registered then you only need to buy a hosting account with VodaHost, which is unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth which will save you a lot of money as your website grow.

You can then point your domain name from where ever it is located to your Voda Servers and you are in business.

You may even get a free domain name from VodaHost!

There are numerous other benefits from VodaHost that you have not looked at and no other hosting company has a forum equal to VodaTalk where you are given free help from thousands of members to help you as you build you website.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                      X