re-publishing web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-publishing web site

I want to re-do my entire website (www.coffeedalefnra.org). Do I have to delete everything I have on there now or can I just make an entirely new site and publish the new pages that I make?

Re: re-publishing web site

Create a new folder inside your BV folder to save your new site in. IE: site 2.
    It might be a good idea if you want to keep your SE ranking to name new your pages the same as your old ones if the site is just a big overhaul of the existing one. (But remember to save to new folder)
    So create a new index page & save it in the new folder & the same with "photos" & so on.
    When your ready, just publish the new pages to your server the same as before & it will overwrite the pages that are there at the moment.

Tip on your new pages would be to only stretch the main site image to a maximum of 985 wide to save visitors having a lot of side scroll. You have it set @ 700px × 600px (scaled to 1101px × 634px) & is a bit wide for many screens.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Aside from what Chris said, it is also a good idea 2 create a new folder on ur server and call it something like test (www.coffeedalefnra.org/test), so u can publish ur changed pages without affecting ur present site. When u have completed the redo of the site or any 1 page and have no bugs in it; u can publish it to the public_html folder. This way ur site has no downtime.

TIP: I have a permanent test folder which I use for all my posts in this forum; that way in 6 months from now when someone reads 1 of my post they see the page (pagename.html) I was having problems with and the corrected page (posted with a different name (pagename2.html or pagename3.html))

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Thank you all for the help. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X