Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query

Hello There,
    Before i begin i must tell you, the free webdesigner is just amazing.. thanks for that..secondly i am on the verge of finishing with the desging of my website and i want to host it soon through bluevoda and i am a bit unsure of a couple of things...when i make the payment through my credit card does the one year of subscription start from the moment i make the payment or does it start from the time when i actually host my website...secondly i dont know how to connect my website to a database..what i mean is i have a form to be filled in my website to gather some information from the customer but i dont know how to store it..i mean when i make use of a form and make use of check box, radio buttion etc..how does the data entered collected and saved...
    many thanks
    chandni

Re: Query

Originally posted by chandni
    Hello There,
    Before i begin i must tell you, the free webdesigner is just amazing.. thanks for that..secondly i am on the verge of finishing with the desging of my website and i want to host it soon through bluevoda and i am a bit unsure of a couple of things...when i make the payment through my credit card does the one year of subscription start from the moment i make the payment or does it start from the time when i actually host my website...secondly i dont know how to connect my website to a database..what i mean is i have a form to be filled in my website to gather some information from the customer but i dont know how to store it..i mean when i make use of a form and make use of check box, radio buttion etc..how does the data entered collected and saved...
    many thanks
    chandni
    The annual period starts from payment date. Your site is active usually 24 hours after signing up, in some cases 48 hours, it depends on DNS propagation through the www. The form data is usually submitted to a php script that submits it to you. If you want it to write this info in a database, you have to customize it for doing so, it is relatively easy.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hello there,
      thanks for ur reply...the first part of the query appears to be solved but not yet done with the second part .. i am still not sure how to use a database..i am still not sure how would my data from a form would be saved and i would be able to use it..
      many thanks
      chandni

Comment

Originally posted by chandni
        hello there,
        thanks for ur reply...the first part of the query appears to be solved but not yet done with the second part .. i am still not sure how to use a database..i am still not sure how would my data from a form would be saved and i would be able to use it..
        many thanks
        chandni
        Well, certainly you have to do some homework. There is a tutorial on how to create a MySQL database, but you are going to need some more studing to learn how to use and search a database. However, you can find lots of material on the subject: just try to Google it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X