A couple of issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of issues

I have a couple of problems, 1 - some of my published pages do not have side scroll bars to view the rest of the page

2 - I can't seem to get my pages to be full screen. I have to much spaces on ether side and do not want any spaces. I have adjusted the page size in page properties endless times and have centered on the browser but still not the way I want it.

Oh 1 more thing---- When my husband opens up a page using one of the menu buttons, some of them open in a small window in the upper right hand corner and it will not allow him to increase the window size, so he can not view the page. It works fine on my computer but not his.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Re: A couple of issues

1. Scroll bars are applied by the web browser that a viewer is using. They are based on the length (height) of the page, which you can adjust by right clicking on the page background in BlueVoda and choosing "Page Properties."

2. Pages that automatically adjust to the width of a viewer's monitor are called "dynamic." BV does not create dynamic pages, it can only make fixed-width pages. The widest I'd suggest is 975px. That way, most people can see the full width of your pages without having to scroll side-to-side. Be sure to check "Center in Browser" (on the same window as mention above) for each page. At least one of the pages on your site is not centered; it appears flush left.

3. If you want your pages to open in a pop-up box when you click on a menu item, check "Open link in a popup box" when you create or modify the link. At that point, you can choose "Settings" which gives you the chance to choose what controls the viewer has available to modify the box, including resize.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

1 u do not have side scroll bars because the page is not wide enough and does not need them, so the browser does not include them.

2 again, ur page is not so wide as 2 occupy the entire screen. Its better 2 have a page that is narrower rather than wider than the screen. I did not check ur source but it seems that u have a width of about 800 which meens u either have a lot of space on 1 side as u do or if u center u will have it on both sides.

ur other problem, I have onlz checked 2 links, is because u have selected to open the links in pop-up windows. change this in the menu properties.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

1. Your popup window.

function popupwnd(url, toolbar, menubar, locationbar, resize, scrollbars, statusbar, left, top, width, height)
        {
        var popupwindow = this.open(url, '', 'toolbar=' + toolbar + ',menubar=' + menubar + ',location=' + locationbar + ',scrollbars=' + scrollbars + ',resizable=' + resize + ',status=' + statusbar + ',left=' + left + ',top=' + top + ',width=' + width + ',height=' + height);
        }

popupwnd('','no','no','no','no','no','no','','','' ,'')

popupwnd is executed with all parameters with a 'no'.

I am not a Javascript programmer, but if you change the 'no' to 'yes'
        it should work. At least you can try it.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

I guess Tom beat me 2 it. this is what happens when u have a dail-up connection with a mind of its own.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
          X