first page is not the index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first page is not the index page

Hi guys! I am a newby to computer and I try out if I can put together my site. My first problem is: I have adult contents on my site so I want an entering page prior my index page.What should I write for html as actually my index page is the home page with hyperlinks to the subpages but I want first the entering page to appear when someone write "mydomain.com" to the browser and then from there to redirect to index page. Is this make any sense to somone? Thx forward for the answers.
    Sandor

Re: first page is not the index page

U can not do this. the first page is the index page! this is the internet standard, this is how it works. all browser know when u type the address(name) of a page, 2 go look 4 the index page.
    what u do after that is up 2 u.
    It does not matter what put on the index page; use it as ur entering page & name the second on home!

U can not reinvent the wheel; it is round & always will be.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

...it's actually not so difficult :) I've done something similar: when you type in my website name you'll see the "welcome" with 2 options. This page is named & saved & published as 'index'. Taking one option goes to my "Home" page which I've named, saved & published as 'home'. Taking the second option goes to a different page which I named, saved & published as 'lotusgreen' but which has a link to 'home'. It's really academic what you name, save & publish your pages as, BUT as Karl said the FIRST page on any site must be named, saved & published as 'index' (lower case always!)
      Hope this helps,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Yeah guys!Thanks I was thinking similar about the case but I need it to be ensure.Thx
        Now I am facing another problem. I published 6 pages and the hyperlinks worked well but I noticed that I made some stupid mistake and I have to update my pages. After the 3rd succesful "publish" there was no more...
        I can not update more pages and not even upload a new one. What is wrong? Or how can I delete existing pages? Someone please switch on the light in my head!

Comment

"there was no more...."

no more what?

how about u switch on the light 4 us and give us a link (http://www.urdomain.com)
          there is nothing that can prevent u from uploading a page. delete in FTP Manager but when u publish it automatically overwrites the old one.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Yes it is working.Pardon but looks like it was too slow and the pages did not update themself quickly I had to wait for a while. Thx anyway guys

Comment

VodaHost T.O.S.

2.4) Adult Sites

Due to various legal and moral implications. VodaHost does not permit sexually explicit material on any of its servers.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X