language problem in text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• language problem in text

Hi all, I put many text in my pages and choose Times New Roman (TUR) for the font option but when I preview the page some turkish characters appear as funny symbols. Does BV support multilanguage text options?

Re: language problem in text

BV does.. your browser may not. It must have that particular font installed for its use. Best to use websafe fonts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the quick reply. I have no idea my browser supports which font. what do you suggest for web safe font?

Comment

here's a pretty good list...but if you want to use an unusual font you can always save the body of text as an image: click on the text - go to properties
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

it's not so unusual, şçöıİÖÜğĞ I can write them with my keyboard and can read them here, but when I say preview it looks funny

when I change language options on my browser to Turkish it's cool.

Comment

I still have the problem. can somebody help? I have to use ç,ı, ö,ü,İ,ş this kind of characters. when I publish the pages, it looks awful :(
            if I change the code to unicode in my browser it's ok. but everybody have different options chosen. they won't change their codes, just close my page instead.

Comment

I DID use web safe fonts by the way..

Comment

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                here's a pretty good list...but if you want to use an unusual font you can always save the body of text as an image: click on the text - go to properties
                when I publish it as images it looks ok when the background is white. but I put colored templates and put text on them. it doesn't look good when there is background color. you can check it if you like.

www.burcincavdar.com

there must be something to do with the foreign letters.

Comment

thanks people for great support!!!!!!!!
                  my problem is so simple and tiny that nobody really cares!!!!!!!!!!!!

for people who have the same kind of problem, I FOUND THE ANSWER BY MYSELF... BY TRYING.....AND TRYING.....AND KEEP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just right clicked on the page, click on page properties, choose default font as the same that I used (times new roman), I changed the character set to UTF-8. that worked for me.

Comment

Hey Burcin;

From Turkey too. What you should do is simply click right on the page then select Page Properties and set the charachter set as

ISO-8859-9 (Turkish)

That's all...
                    Feyza

www.sesan.org
                    Self Representing Art Workers

Comment

feyza hanım mesajda belirttiğim gibi farklı kodları denedim, UTF-8 yapınca problem kalmadı. türkçe karakterlerle problem yaşayan diğer bir arkadaş bana ulaştı onunla da konuştuk fakat onda UTF-8 işe yaramadı, neden bilmiyorum. kullandığımız browser ayarları farklıydı belki. yine de cevabiniz için teşekkürler, bluevoda ile ilgili burcincavdar********.com 'dan ulaşabilirsiniz.

Comment

Working...
                      X