This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed rent and buy requirements

I'm new here and I'm thinking about opening a vodahost domain and to build an e-commerce hompage with Soholaunch or BV Website-Builder

I have the following requirements for my WebSite and so I would like to ask you if an how this is possible:

The goal of my WebSite should be to sell or rent software modules.

1) The customer should have the possibility to select one or more software components.
    2) For each component the customer can decide wheter he wants to buy or rent a license, by moving it (two different buttons) into the shopping cart.
    3) in the shopping cart, the user should be able to see, which components he has to pay immediately and for which components he has to pay a recurring monthly rent.
    4) the user should get a bill for the payed components and a recurring monthly bill for the rented ones - if possible automatically.
    5) After confirming the shopping cart and the payment, the user should be routed to a summary page where he is able to download the previously selected components.
    6) It is also important to store the names of the components after a successful download in a database table, to see, which components the customer has been downloaded for further validity checks.

My questions:
    - is this szenario possible to be build with soholaunch?
    - is this szenario possible to be build with BV Website-Builder?
    - are there to be payed tools available to fulfill this requirements

Each of the downloaded software components performs a Webrequest to check if the user is allowed to use this component or to check if the payment of the rented component is still active whenever it is started.

- is it possible ( and how...) to get access to the database table at the VodaHost-server from the remote software component to perform this

would be great If you could provide some useful links

Thank you very much in advance for your help

TheChingachgook

Re: mixed rent and buy requirements

Yes is possible with the variations module in soho..database is also preformed in soho.. it will do it automatically.

Yes.. its possible in bv with a custom cart.. which would be paid. Yes this is possible with a custom cart & script.. or you can do it without the database as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Yes is possible with the variations module in soho..database is also preformed in soho.. it will do it automatically.

Yes.. its possible in bv with a custom cart.. which would be paid. Yes this is possible with a custom cart & script.. or you can do it without the database as well.

Karen
      Thank you for your quick answer.

To you have any useful links or a template, where such a rent and buy requirement can be viewed

Comment

No i dont have any RENT vs OWN sites availlble but there many SOHO sites and many BV sites you can look at. A template wont fix it.. its how you build it. Template is just window dressing. You have to decide HOW you want to build it.. how much flexibility versus utility.. whats convenient .. whats not.. etc.

Do your homework.. nothing stops you from trying BOTH with your voda account

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This is the room Karen mentioned

Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
          X