Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I transfer bluevoda web builder from PC to Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I transfer bluevoda web builder from PC to Mac?

Can anyone please tell me how to transfer my bluevoda web builder & website files from my windows based PC to my new ***** macbook? When I tried to download it, a message popped up mentioning it as a "windows based program" and I was hesitant to proceed. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Lori

Lori
    www.loribelledesigns.com

Re: How can I transfer bluevoda web builder from PC to Mac?

yes.. its a windows based format and you will need a dual operating system to run it on a mac.. and it may still be buggy.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

In different words, BlueVoda will only run on a windows operating system. It won't run by default on any Mac. You would need to have to run a windows emulator or dual boot (ie dual os that Karen was referring to). And I would imagine you will run into issues with your images as well as Mac & Windows don't share the same file path system.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you both for your guidance. I'm a bit upset that I did not realize Bluevoda would be specific to windows based PCs. Upset with myself for not researching it but also feel that with so many people converting to macbooks, there would be an easy option to convert Bluevoda to such a format. I admit I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand the difficulty in such a task. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
        Lori
        www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

Well after some research, I've learned that Parallels Desktop for Mac is a great option for the windows emulator. I downloaded it and installed windows and it's working great! But as you mentioned, I'll just have to redo the images. Thanks again.
          Lori
          www.loribelledesigns.com

Comment

Working...
          X