background image filling the viewing frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background image filling the viewing frame

I would like to start a new website with a background image (page properties) exactly filling the viewing screen frame on every computer in the world! I temper and fiddle with images but I only succeed in getting the image to small (then you get tiles), to large (the edges fall off) or out of proportion (tall buildings are to little).

Can we get this right? Or is there a way the work around this problem?

This website f.i. has solved the problem, but it is probably not constructed in Vodahost. http://www.tommywieringa.nl/boekboek/show

Thnx,
    Marc
    Leeuwarden

Re: background image filling the viewing frame

Marc--this can be done in BlueVoda, but not quite the same way as the example you gave. Go to my site, CLAMcentral.com. Put your cursor in the blue/tan background and right click. Choose "View Background Image" to see what the image looks like. That image is repeated as many times as necessary to fill any screen side to side. So you need an image like that (narrow)--many can be found for free with a Google search. Then you'd use BV to place regular images (like the guy in your example).
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thank for your quick reply, Tom, but that is not quitte what I meant. Nice site, though!

I would like to have a real picture (and only once!) in (every) frame as background. Like the guy Tommy Wieringa on his website did. I like that, it is serene and stylish, and really quick to load...

Perhaps I can place a single image on the page and make that into a template? Do you think that will work?

Comment

After inspecting the Tommy Wieringa site, I figured out what they did! They put a small picture of Mr Wieringa on the page on the right hand site. Than they adjusted the background color for the remainder the page to be just the same as the color of the picture! So it seems to be one picture. We are being fooled.

Hm, I can probably construct something like that!

Comment

Working...
        X