How to make a counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a counter

I want to add a counter to my web page to show number of hits. I see nothing about how to do this accept where it says to add HTML. I do not know HTML. Please help.

Denise

Re: How to make a counter

You copy and paste the code they give you into an html box. You really do not want a counter of infamy visible on your site do you?

Youd be better getting stats from google or statcounter.com or in your cpanel.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The down side of having a counter on the web page. some would see the hits you have on the page and will think its not that great or you don't do much business.
      Lots of consumers will shop at a site with a higher count on the counter and if you have a very small count they may decide to go to another site to shop.
      If you want to check your counter, then go to cpanel and check out the stats and counter there.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldh7 View Post
        The down side of having a counter on the web page. some would see the hits you have on the page and will think its not that great or you don't do much business.
        Lots of consumers will shop at a site with a higher count on the counter and if you have a very small count they may decide to go to another site to shop. This is a very large assumption -- only., If anything, Visitors that see a rudimentary Counter on a website will invariably think it less professional and archaic with respect to current internet design standards, and be more likely to hesitate converting and possibly even returning when there are so many other sites out there that are not nearly as unprofessional! It has NOTHING to do with how many hits are on the counter itself!
        If you want to check your [statistics], then go to cpanel and check out the stats and counter there.
        Comments shown in red.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Or if you do want a counter, just start it off at a high number say a couple hundred thousand/million or whatever... Then only you will know the actual number.
          BeauxArtsFair.com
          ShawnJohnsonPhotography.com
          GlassIllusions.net

Comment

Working...
          X