Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatically calulate price using input data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically calulate price using input data.

Hi All,

I am just designing a new site for a company which imports granite and marble to the UK.

What I would like to do is enable site users to input their data onto a form on the site, i.e. dimentions of worktop, type of edge, type of granite and location etc, and from this provide an online quote instantly. An example of what I am looking to achieve is on a similar site.

Any help or ideas to create the same would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Re: Automatically calulate price using input data.

Youd need someone to custom code the script for you .. try naval design or watdaflip

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Have a look at this one i built some time ago. Different product, same concept: http://www.discountwoodblinds.co.uk/dbts_cart/order.php
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks Karen and naval design for your posts. That has been really helpful.

Regards,

Rob
        www.saulfarm.com
        www.pumfrett.com
        www.dampguard.com
        www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Hi naval design,

Just taken a look at the site and it is what I am looking to achieve.

The only things in addition to that is when the type of granite is chosen fromthe drop down box, an image next to it changes with a picture of the chosen granite. All of the granites and marbles are uniqely priced.

Having chosen from the variables on the form and received a price I would like them to have the option of entering their email address and contact details to receive the estimate by email and/or as an on screen page which is printable to retain. This way the potential customer receives a personalised estimate (either paper or a file they can save for future reference) and we can harvest the email and contact details of potential customers. The theory is that asking the customer after they have had the on screen initial quote (which hopefully they will be pleased with), will not act as a deterant to making the initial inquiry anonymously.

Regards,

Rob
          www.saulfarm.com
          www.pumfrett.com
          www.dampguard.com
          www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

As you understand that is only an example that matches, more or less, your requirements.

Such scripts are custom made, so one can do (almost) whatever is required.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Would you be able to supply a quote for the type of script I've described.
              www.saulfarm.com
              www.pumfrett.com
              www.dampguard.com
              www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Yes, but this can't be discussed on the forum. Please contact me privately with details.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Many thanks Naval Design. I need to confirm the job with our client and will contact you as soon as we have the go ahead.

Many thanks,

Rob
                  www.saulfarm.com
                  www.pumfrett.com
                  www.dampguard.com
                  www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Working...
                  X