BV 'object' saved and published but not seen on the website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV 'object' saved and published but not seen on the website

I have reluctantly downloaded the new version of BV, I believe it is 10.2. This may be related to my latest problem or not, I thought it was worth letting you know.

My new web site www.b2l.info I have only just started publishing pages, after the 10.2 version of BV has been downloaded. I have just discovered that if I create an 'object' box, save it on the page and then publish it, it does not identify that there are any problems when publishing but the new object does not appear on the web site, any ideas anybody.?
    Regards

Steve Croxton

Re: BV 'object' saved and published but not seen on the website

What is the page supposed to look like?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Hi Terry

On the page identified on the link below -

At the very bottom of the page between the 2 horizontal green lines there should be a blue rectangular box filled with a graduated tint. This box has nothing to do with the design on the page but is easy to identify whether it is visible or not. I cannot see this box on the published page, can you?

Regards

Steve

Comment

I do not see a blue box.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

I can but it s not on the bottom.. its about center and it says .. double click to edit

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can see the blue box on the index page (about mid page as Karen noted) but not on the mortgage page.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Hi

Thank you very much for the feedback. Forget the 'index' page, the blue box is suppossed to be there and will eventually be filled with copy. Although based on my current problem I cannot add any new item whether it is a box or text.

The specific box in question should appear at the bottom of the 'mortgage page' between the bright green lines. Should I contact customer support about this?

Regards

Steve Croxton
              T: 0044 1782 612646

Comment

Make sure you move it to the top.. looks like its behind the white.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You mean the one that appears in http://www.b2l.info/Mortgages.php

You have published two pages.. One with "m" and one with "M"

That why it doesn't appear.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi

I have deleted the obsolete files on the ftp manager. Also, the blue rectangular box should be appearing on a plain white background at the bottom of the page, so there is nothing that could be masking it but just to be sure I have clicked on the rectangle to make it come to the front and still the blue rectangle does not appear.

I have also tried to update a page on my other web site www.howcan.info and again, although it all looks fine on my computer and it publishes okay, the amendment does not appear on the web page.

Although I desperately hope that this is not a catastrophic problem relating to downloading BV 10.2 I am becoming increasingly concerned that somebody is going to suggest I delete all of my pages on both web sites and republish which is likely to be a very big job. I am very anxious about the outcome of this but appreciate your help.

Comment

Both pages are still visible. You are making the changes to "Mortgages" but are linking to "mortgages"
                      Delete Mortgages from your public_html file and also delete from your BV files.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

I don't know why you insist on this! As i said, you have mistaken the page name! You have (on the site) two different pages. One is the old one:

and the other is the correct one:

But BV makes no distinction.

Please follow these simple steps:

Open in BV the page "mortgage" or "Mortgage" whichever of the two appears in your BV folder. Make sure it is the correct one (the one with the bluish shape between the two grren lines).

Save it As "mortgage1".

Using Windows Explorer DELETE the page "mortgage" from your BV folder . If both "mortgage" and "Mortgage" appear, delete both.

Now go back in the "mortgage1" page, and Save As "mortgage".

Publish and you will be ok.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks, the www.b2l.info pages are responding. I will apply the same principle to www.howcan.info in a few hours.

Regards

Steve Croxton

Comment

Working...
                          X