How do I make a song play on my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make a song play on my website

I wanted to set background music to play on my website. I found the place in page setup preferences for SOUND link, I put the song in the file with all of my webpages, but it will not play.

So I must be doing something wrong? I must be missing a step?

Can anyone help?

Reverend Lisa

Re: How do I make a song play on my website

what file extension do you hve? wav or mp3 can you send us a link where you have the song in the page and we can review the source and perhaps see why the song is not playing.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Ok it is a WAV file. The webpage is not published yet, I do not mean to be ignorant, but I expected it to play in the browser preview. I just went back to the tutorial and watched again, it did not mention that it needed to be published. I guess I thought since my banner and other add on worked, that the music should play too.

I am not sure how else to trouble shoot it?

Thanks Reverend Lisa

Comment

The actual problem was not the file but the browser, I use firefox. Music no worky in firefox. When I opened it with IE, it played fine.

I guess that might be a Firefox or Flock .....FYI

Palm Springs Elopement, Same Day Weddings, Micro Weddings, Venues, Officiant. Elope in Palm Springs. Only Authorized Essential Wedding Service in Palm Springs!

Comment

Hi Lisa, I've been having the same problems as you not knowing how to over come the problem? I also saw the video tut's over and over again. I finally selected the "Real Player" icon on the left of the page by clicking it one time, this appears in your page window. Double clic the image and a window will open. You will see "File" clic browse and seach your files for the song you want to appear in the window. Under that you'll see, "Autostart and Loop" choose which one you want and press OK. That's what I did and it works like a dream! I hope this helps? bye, LC.

Comment

Hi,
            It is possible to add a list of tracks to real player...I have been only able to add to one song...I need to add list of tracks for people to select and listen too.

thanks
            Janice

Comment

how to music on to my website how to install that...........

Comment

Headphonex - I think you can use a widget and it will play fine

Comment

Working...
                X