Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A button for each page -- how do I make them work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A button for each page -- how do I make them work?

OK, any help is greatly appreciated, the more basic a thing is, the more trouble I have figuring out how to do it. On my website www.acuforall.com (which a friend made for me originally, so I don't always know how it was done), there are buttons on the left side of the index page that take you to each page of the site.

I am making a new web site from scratch for a family member's business.... I want to use this same design. I figured out how to put the buttons on the page, and how to label them and line them up, but not how to make them "active"... it seems like I just need each to be a hyperlink, that way each will take me to a different page of the web site, and I do know how to create a hyperlink, but when I double click the button, it appears my options are:
    " Button Properties: Normal, Submit, or Reset". I am not sure which, if any of these, will allow site visitors to use these buttons to navigate my web site.

Also, I can't seem to highlight the text on these buttons, so I can't make it into a hyperlink.

Re: A button for each page -- how do I make them work?

From your description, it's hard to determine what menu you are
    using. But on your current website in your example, it seems
    you are talking about Navigation Bar.

Navigation bar is pretty self-explanatory. It has two options:
    General and Style. You can select a button from the list given.

What type of menu are you using that you get
    " Button Properties: Normal, Submit, or Reset".

I have not been able to see it. If you do have to use a button,
    then Navigation bar is, probably, your best bet.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

.....and don't forget that you wont see links working in preview. Only when published can you check if the links work or not.
      good luck,
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for the response, but I need someone to walk this way back for me. I know what a toolbar is, have no idea what a navigation toolbar is. I see as many as 5 different toolbars on my Blue Voda website design page here, not sure how they are different. Have I added buttons using the wrong toolbar? Do the ones I have relate to creating an on line form, rather than switching between pages of the web site?

Comment

OK< I think I have sorted it out. I was using the "button" from the forms toolbar, not the one for a menu bar. Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
          X