Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions for wholesale discounts

Hello,
    I have been going back and forth what to do for wholesale discounts and could use the opinions from some experts(:
    Why it is a little more difficult to decide, is that all my pieces are one-of-a-kind, so I want to find the easiest solution.

1. I could add the coupon plug-in that has been suggested as the best by Karen, who knows her stuff. I forget what it is called. Then I could give my wholesale accounts seperate coupons to receive their discount.

OR....

2. I could do secure user codes and have seperate page for wholesalers with the correct prices for them. The only thing with this option, that I am not sure about, is can I have the same products on this page as the regular customer page, if there is only one of each item? I would hate to have to put up all different products.

Would love input on which seems easier for me and the clients!
    Thank you,
    Tracie
    Shop LoveItShop Handmade Jewelry & Vintage Clothing by LoveItShop located in Long Beach, California. Smooth shipping! Has a history of shipping on time with tracking. Speedy replies! Has a history of replying to messages quickly. Rave reviews! Average review rating is 4.8 or higher

Re: Opinions for wholesale discounts

I think you will find it hard to sort out with out a bespoke program if you are selling things that might have different discounts for different products.
    You might be better off to begin with on setting up a list of products with discounts on the amount of purchases. IE: 1-5, 6-10, 11-16 & so on with different prices per quantity. You can then offer this to everyone.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

What is a bespoke program?

Also, would the product quantity be in the "price variation" part of the shopping cart to set up?

It would be the same discount for the wholesale clients.

Thank you for your input, that is an option!

Comment

What is a bespoke program?
        Either one written for your own requirements. Or you would have to find a shopping cart that has these facility's.
        Normally a good quality cart would apply a set price that you have set to an item & then part of the program would discount according to each customers set up. This will involve some sort of signing up on the customers part so the system will know what discounts to give an individual.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris.
          I was going to do Mal's shopping cart, but too complicated for me right now.

Comment

You can do this in soho very easily.. have one set of products for the public and another for sign in for wholesalers.. you just duplicate your product list and make one public and one the group you assign to wholesale with different prices.

You can also do this with a coupon addon.. just give your wholesalers coupon codes to use when purchasing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, Karen.
              It will also take the inventory down on both pages then.
              Say one sold at wholesale, the one on the regular page would list "Not in Stock." Just making sure before I go thru it!
              I would just create a secure user page, put the items I already have listed on my regular page, then just change the price?
              How would the price be different if I change it in the cart? Would I need to make a new sku then as well for the same product?

Comment

Well no youd have to split your inventory.. as it would see it as two different products.

Yeah it would need a seperate sku.. 101-W for wholesale.. that would be eliminated tho using the coupon system

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hehe....(Karen knows why I'm smiling )
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                    hehe....(Karen knows why I'm smiling )

LOL.. yes.. cuz you can code a cart to do this.

karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I wish I knew how to code my cart to do that! I am just happy I finally know how to function BV and Soho(:
                      Well somewhat!
                      I am sure I can put another cart system into it, but that seems time consuming, considering I usually work on it 2 days right now.

So the coupon add-on would be the easiest so I could use the cart I have now, give discount codes, then poof... they can use it on the items.

Does the coupon add on also allow the coupon discount only to be applied with a certain quantity of product too?
                      For ex: they can only get the discount on 10 or more products.

Is it easy to plug in for someone like me(:

Comment

I was browsing the forums and found a really good suggestion about trying another cart. So I am in my cpanel, trying to install zen cart, even though I already installed somewhere on my computer.
                        I can't figure out the directory. Here are the exact instructions:

Leave empty to install in the root directory of the domain (access example: http://domain/).
                        Enter only the directory name to install in a directory (for http://domain/name/ enter name only). This directory SHOULD NOT exist, it will be automatically created!

So I tried to just my domain, that didn't work. Then I tried http://www.loveitshop.com/shopping
                        http://www.loveitshop.com/index.php?...ional/shopping

I am not sure what I am doing wrong... ever!!! I don't know why this is linking either. Sorry.

Comment

You dont want to install zen cart in the same directory.. and you dont want to put it in a subdirectory of soho...

You want to set up another domain for it. Else you will have one mess to clean up ..

Soho is MUCH easier of the two... Just buy the coupon code and give your wholesalers the coupon.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Awesome! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X