X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook.php not found error

Hi everybody,

I am using bv10.2 if that makes a difference. I have read all the post & rewatched the tutorials but something still does not want 2 function. I have spent 5 hrs on this today, so I have tried.
    I have uploaded the text file 2 the same directory as the GB page. I have tried using 755 & 777 as published by VodaHost, as the permission for the text file. I have published the guestbook page as .html and they both appear in file manager.

When I go 2 to view my page I get "The requested URL /test/guestbook.php was not found on this server."

Anybody can shed some light on this?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: Guestbook.php not found error

Ok, I found my error. I published my page as .html

The GB page should have been published with the .php extension.

As this was not mentioned in the tutorial and I do not recall seeing it in any other but the post by D'son I followed his instructions.

Now I just have 2 figure out why it is displaying wider than the 800 page width that I have and how 2 go about permiting which get published. I guess I'll have 2 read more.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

...be careful, Karl - many, MANY people are reporting nightmarish spam problems with GB's & most 'Generals' don't have one ??
      david
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

To add to David's comment,
        I have read somewhere on this forum that a blog
        is better than GB to have, with more SPAM and such control.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
        X