Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with soho

hi karen; my site:stonecrabsandmore.com
    i am waiting on a support ticket but cant help but believe there is a very easy solution out there and thought you might give it a shot for me:
    i am relatively new, less than a week old
    when i first began building my site, everything was fine
    after two days, i began having problems editing my pages
    i know it has to do with my images
    if i change anything at all on any of my pages in page editor, all pictures (including shopping cart because it has thumbnails) dissapear
    i have deleted all of of pics, renamed them on my hard drive without any characters or spaces and reloaded them, this did not resolve the issue
    have you heard of this problem and maybe have another suggestion, i really wanted to work on it this weekend and do not know how long before i may hear back from soho
    thanking you in advance for your time, paula

Re: help with soho

in an effort to help you help me without having to view me twice i have come back to add a few more details, again, thank you so much for being here what would we do without you?
    1. when i first began building my page, it was in the older version and everything was fine.
    2. at some point i realized there was an update and installed it
    3. at some point after this, i started experiencing these problems
    4. i then downgraded in an effort to see if this might be what caused the problem
    5. this did not resolve the issue, but i left it in the downgrade
    6. i have now reinstalled the upgrade as you suggested
    7. i am still experiencing the problems
    8. i have gone into the page editor for my home page in soho and created the text "this is a test", you will currently see this on my home page
    9. when i did this, my pictures disappeared, as you will currently see on my home page, as i have not done a backup reinstall
    10. additionally, if you were to look on the edit page of the home page in soho, you would see my pictures are still there
    11. additionally, if you were to try and delete these pics to re-enter them, you would have to move it before you could delete it

if you try to view my site, you may or may not see the problem as i continue to try different things to make it work and then do a restore when not working on it so it looks good for a little while, lol

Comment

Paula

I really need your a link to your site to see what you are talking about.. as ive NO idea really.. link me to the pages in question so i can see whats going on..

karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I looked and the only thing i can see is i cant find your test page.. did you delete this stuff out with file manager in cpanel? Thats half your problem if you did so..

You cannot do this without KNOWING what you have deleted or done. Id have to LOGIN to your site to see whats what.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          I looked and the only thing i can see is i cant find your test page.. did you delete this stuff out with file manager in cpanel? Thats half your problem if you did so..

You cannot do this without KNOWING what you have deleted or done. Id have to LOGIN to your site to see whats what.

Karen
          i have not deleted any files or changed anything in cpanel
          i have done restore and that is why my page looks good at this time
          rather than duplicate my problem i would love for you to login and edit a page to see what i am talking about, can i give you my login info? thank you so much

Comment

Yes but not here.. email it to me

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X