Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about shop in SOHO

Hi Vodafolks.

I have recently built a shop using soholaunch and it was very easy but still time consuming. The shop is located at http://buyandsell.ecklandssportshorses.com/ and is working well and I have already gotten a few orders for products which is great.
    The shop on the ecklands site is a retail shop.

BUT

I have another business which supplies the same products to the wholesale market and I have just purchased a domain and hosting package for the business www.equitac.com.

What I want to do is load a similar shop onto the equitac site and then use affiliate software to allow other equestrian sites to sell my products.

My question is do I need to re-enter every detail on the equitac shop or can I copy the information
    from http://buyandsell.ecklandssportshorses.com/
    to www.equitac.com

Thanks for your help

Dave K
    Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com
    www.ecklandssportshorses.com

Re: Question about shop in SOHO Launch

well if you purchased another domain and hosting package.. then you get another copy of soho launch.. all you would need to do is download your category tables.. and your product tables from the retail store and upload them to the wholesale store.. you would need to change the prices and.. most likely also add a GROUP for your wholesalers to login to

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      well if you purchased another domain and hosting package.. then you get another copy of soho launch.. all you would need to do is download your category tables.. and your product tables from the retail store and upload them to the wholesale store.. you would need to change the prices and.. most likely also add a GROUP for your wholesalers to login to

Karen
      Thanks for the rapid response Karen.

Would I down load these from ecklands site with the BV ftp tool onto my desk top and then reload them to equitak the same way?

Regards
      Dave
      Dave K

Comment

No.. youd download these with soho... and youd UP them the same way.. inside the table manager

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Will have a look

thanks again...

Dave
          Dave K

Comment

Hi Karen

Have tried to install SOHO in the Equitac Control Panel but it tells me I am only allowed one installation and yet the CP is showing no installations, I tried creating an add-on domain to put it in but getting same result. Any ideas why this might be, had no trouble installing SOHO on other sites.

Dave
            Dave K

Comment

is this in the NEW account? .. if so . .then put in a support ticket.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

For anyone else having the same Problem I got a wonderful response from customer support which really helped

1. Create a backup, then upload/import/restore it on your other site...then delete/change the content you don't want and leave all the cart stuff there.

This option would really only make sense if you don't have any other content on the new site yet.

2. You can download the cart_products and cart_categories table as csv files via the Database Table Manager feature then upload and import those file into those same tables on the new site. Note that you may have to click the Shopping Cart icon on the main menu once on the new site to make sure those tables get created.

Thanks
                Dave K
                Dave K

Comment

Yes.. i know this.. but this isnt what you asked about. You asked why you couldnt resolve a domain name and reinstallt he soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Padiwak View Post
                    Hi Vodafolks.

I have recently built a shop using soholaunch and it was very easy but still time consuming. The shop is located at http://buyandsell.ecklandssportshorses.com/ and is working well and I have already gotten a few orders for products which is great.
                    The shop on the ecklands site is a retail shop.

BUT

I have another business which supplies the same products to the wholesale market and I have just purchased a domain and hosting package for the business www.equitac.com.

What I want to do is load a similar shop onto the equitac site and then use affiliate software to allow other equestrian sites to sell my products.

My question is do I need to re-enter every detail on the equitac shop or can I copy the information
                    from http://buyandsell.ecklandssportshorses.com/
                    to www.equitac.com

Thanks for your help

Dave K
                    Hi Karen

It seems that I have upset you, had no intention of doing so as I value all advice I get on the forum. The question above was the one I started the thread with.

Kindest Regards
                    Dave
                    Dave K

Comment

To answer the question about copying a Soho shop to another independent account, it is entirely possible for you to do so, but is NOT recommended whatsoever, as the Search Engines will regard this practice as a violation due to the amount of duplicated Content (anything more than 18% similar or largely the 'same' Content will cause punitive sanctions to be applied). This "rule" applies to inventory values as it does to core Content.

Your best bet is to copy the store over to the new account (saves work and time) and then proceed to make significant changes to written content and merchandise item descriptions in order to promote uniqueness to differentiate from the original store (to avoid any hint of non-compliance).

PS: Please note Forum Signature Rules.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for that Vasili

What I copied across was product and category information, I have configured the sites differently however. Navigation is different and layout is different but product information is identicle so I better get cracking on changing that.

Once again thank you

Dave

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        To answer the question about copying a Soho shop to another independent account, it is entirely possible for you to do so, but is NOT recommended whatsoever, as the Search Engines will regard this practice as a violation due to the amount of duplicated Content (anything more than 18% similar or largely the 'same' Content will cause punitive sanctions to be applied). This "rule" applies to inventory values as it does to core Content.

Your best bet is to copy the store over to the new account (saves work and time) and then proceed to make significant changes to written content and merchandise item descriptions in order to promote uniqueness to differentiate from the original store (to avoid any hint of non-compliance).
                        Dave K

Comment

Re: Question about shop in SOHO

I am glad you successfully performed the clone, and that you have a better overall understanding of things .... not only will it diminish frustration and the time it takes for you to actually do tasks, it will add to your online success!

.... and on we go!
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                          X