X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV 11.0 - login, pwd

Hi,

I have noticed that BV 11.0 has "login", "pwd" etc functions. Does it mean that we can password protect our pages now? If yes, please point me to tutorials. I couldn't find any. :(

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Re: BV 11.0 - login, pwd

Originally posted by kachano View Post
    Hi,

I have noticed that BV 11.0 has "login", "pwd" etc functions. Does it mean that we can password protect our pages now? If yes, please point me to tutorials. I couldn't find any. :(

Thanks in advance.
    Select Tutorial # 4 in the version appropriate for your Control Panel >> http://www.vodahost.com/tut_cpanel.htm
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks, Vasili. I'll try it tomorrow. :)

Comment

Yes, BV 11 WILL allow you to password protect single pages.

Please note however that BV11 is not yet stable so it is not recommended that you use it for production purposes yet.

The password feature itself provides basic protection as it doesn't support groups, or individual redirect pages. However it will be enough for simple purposes.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Eγώ Ευχαριστώ!

Comment

Eric,
            will you stop saying that! :)
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but how do I create folders in CP? I want to, let's say, create 7 folders (with 12 pdf files in each folder) that needs password protection. How do I go about it?

Navaldesign could you pls guide me how to protect a single page using BV 11? I would very much appreciate your help.

Comment

.... and one more thing that I forgot to mention that the 7 folders I mentioned above are for 7 different people. I want each of them to have their unique login and pwd. They shouldn't be able to see each others' folders.

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but how do I create folders in CP? I want to, let's say, create 7 folders (with 12 pdf files in each folder) that needs password protection. How do I go about it?
                  REMEMBER ??? >>>>>
                  Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  Select Tutorial # 4 in the version appropriate for your Control Panel >> http://www.vodahost.com/tut_cpanel.htm
                  You can create as many individual "directories" (folders) as needed, each with a unique Login and Password. STUDY THE TUTORIAL.

If you get stuck and need help, post to the Freelance Project Forum, and a VodaHost Approved Freelancer will offer services you can rely upon.

You have already been told Blue Voda 11 is still in BETA, and although it is designed to create single password protected pages, it is currently unable to do so ... until the stable version is released, you must use the method presented here multiple times.

Comment

Navaldesign could you pls guide me how to protect a single page using BV 11? I would very much appreciate your help.
                    To create a new folder, use blue FTP to connect to your site (From within BV, Tools, FTP Manager)

When the site content appears in the right side of your screen, right click anywhere in the white part of the screen and select New Folder
                    Provide the name for this new folder.

To password protect a folder you need to folow the instructions in the link Vasili has provided (actually it is the tutorial nr 5) . Depending on which version of CPanel runs on your server you might need to watch this tutorial http://www.vodahost.com/demowolf/cpa...2_protect.html

or this other one:

Regarding protecting pages:

The BV11 Login tool consists of the following subtools:

Signup : it will create a signup form in your page
                    Login: will create the login form
                    Logout : will log out users when they want to
                    Forgot Password: it will reset the password and email the new one to the member that has requested password reset
                    Protect Page: this tool will add the necessary protection code in your page(s).
                    Admin: this tool will create a page only accessible by the Administrator (you) where you can manage (edit, view, delete, change status) your users.

Explaining this here would be rather long , i should type quite some text and include images to explain. Further more, as said, BV 11 is not quite stable, so you might just need to wait until the stable version is released and the new tutorials published.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                    X