Big problem with affiliate text banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem with affiliate text banner

I'm just about finished with my Soholaunch derived website. I signed up for the Vodohost Affiliate program and pasted the html formatting for a text link onto my home page. I added a text box to the page for this move.

No text link showed up, and the template banner on the home page is now all messed up. The other pages are okay. I cannot get rid of the text box, and when I go into it, a bright red background appears with text reading "DELETING home_page...now." What's going on? i'm totally flumgasted as to how to fix this.

Help. I put in a help request yesterday, but have heard nothing.

Re: Big problem with affiliate text banner

Looks like however you added it or whatever you did interferes with the operation of scripting on soho. Did you put this in the template? cuz that will really screw things up.

Without LOOKING at it i cant tell you.. you may have to change templates and delete the home page after reassigning a new one as the main page.

If you dont want to wait for support then you can contact me.. and I will go fix it.. but not for free.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the response. I added the text box to the bottom of the home page and then added the script. It stretched the banner out longer.

Comment

You most likely formatted the text link improperly ... tips on formatting Affiliate Links:
        This Thread> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...html-code.html
        Post > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/263226-post5.html

You need to simply delete the sections that you inserted the links (be it a text box, or whatever), SAVE the Page, and then re-open the page and re-do it over again. This time when you want to create a text link, use the proper method (for a text link, simply Hyperlink the Text as normal, inserting the abbreviated affiliate link --- no need for a separate text box or HTML box!!), and again SAVE the page.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've tried that several times. I cannot delete the text box (unless I've missed how to do that) I have deleted the contents and consequently I've saved the page. What happens is that it saves and saves. I've left it go for over an hour, and it hasn't stopped saving, so I figured that wasn't working.

Comment

The shut down your computer and restart without dealing with Soho ... let it "abort" while being closed via override.

Then when you log back in, you should see whatever version was last saved ....and NEVER repeatedly hit any function button! It sounds like it is becoming an issue for you to manage via the online Admin interface platform due to a connection issue on your end (there is no reason for the program to "hang" unless the connection is weak or interrupted).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok. I shut down my computer while the page was saving changes. No luck. So, I also tried doing it on my laptop, and still no luck. Sorry to keep bothering you. I don't use my function keys often.

Comment

I have an idea but want to run it by you first.
                How about:
                Going to webmaster, global setting and changing the home default page to another page; then deleting the home page (which you can't do when it's the default home page) on the navigation bar; rebuilding that page; and then setting it as the default home page?

Comment

Yes that will work.. see my thread about adding THIRD PARTY SCRIPTS to soho

also.. post a link to your site..so i can look at it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It did work. Yeah! My address is pcdreamscandles.com

Comment

Working...
                    X