Hyperlinking text to open email program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking text to open email program

I'm building my website and I would like to link the text: "Send me an email" so when people click on it, their email program opens. How do I do that?

Thanks
    Mike

Re: Hyperlinking text to open email program

Highlight the text in name, right click and choose link. In the link type combo box choose mailto: enter your email address in the next line but do not delete the prefixed mailto: Leave the target blank and choose your hyperlink style.

That's it! You should also go view all the videos. They might be boring but they show you all the basics that will help you figure things out on your own more efficiently most of the time.
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Comment

Hi Adir

Thanks a lot. I went that way also but I was not sure that, go to, means that it will take to email program. I have watched lots of the tutorials though
      Thanks again
      Mike

Comment

I did all those things and tried several times. I also created a mailto link in Dreamweaver (I usually use that) and copied the HTML code. I've tried several times and can't get it to open my Outlook. I'm not new at this. Just Blue Voda. You can see the page I posted at whoisjessicarogoway.com just testing this. Driving me crazy
        Pat info@magellanyachts.com

Comment

When you hover the mouse over your email link, you have set it up so a pop up window opens.....This will not work!

If you created code in Dreamweaver, then delete it and create the link in BV. lets not confuse things and stick to BV

Pink_eeyore has explained 'Highlight the text in name, right click and choose link. In the link type combo box choose mailto: enter your email address in the next line....'
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Just noticed you have 2 additional 'test' links which seem to be using the mailto command........hmmm
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
            X