First snow of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First snow of the season

Well, it's another all nighter for me but who cares!!! Thank you mother nature (global warming or whoever you are), today we got our first CO snow storm and not just in the peaks!!! thus far it's about a 1/2 inch and pounding!!! What a great winter we shall have. I just threw my first snowball for the furry guy to catch... Perhaps I will start to wood stove and start make warm ale... I'm sorry but I'm like a child in a candy store when it comes to snow!!!
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Re: First snow of the season

I would love to see the snow!!!
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Move to CO! It's why I chose CO University over WA State and I stay for it!

It's 34 outside so the snow is a bit wet, not your CO powder snow, but it's really dropping now and the only time we have wet enough snow for snowballs until Nov comes around and no more snowball fight:(

We're are at about an inch now and it doesn't look like it will let go! I wonder if the Denver Boulder area is getting any. I'm up at 8200 feet just 16 mile west of Boulder...

Your next news update report after our drunken snowball fight!
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

Can't wait for the update as I'm in Florida..It is 88 with a "feels like" of 99
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

It's really nice in the house (64 but I realize to my CA or FL friends this is winter - just had that conversation with a pregnant friend from CA that was blessing the cool 68 in her house at 8am before it rises - I do not miss that!) and we don't have any type of heat going, fire or electric. It slowed a bit but it's nearly 2 solid inches at my house. I have a few different measuring systems;) Henry, a 3 year old 94lbs all muscle (he walks or runs between 3-10k a day) White American Shepard is pooped out already from the little snowball fight we had aka catch - and he slept all night! I guess the serenity of a snow fall puts him in the mood to just nap... Too bad I have to meet a client in an hour;(
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

I have a Rottie (120 pounds) and I know she would love the snow.
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

She has never seen it?! You know I own a pet service business... If that is true, never seen the ocean, I should report you to the Humane Society! Or the Animal police! Speaking of, it is true that they have laws in FL that little dog breed need to be in a cart and not on a leash?! I even have a client here (she lives 6 month here and 6 in Fort Lauderdale) that told me she is now begining to see cats in carts being pushed around to while they shop like little babies! What it the world coming to!

Henry's mom drives him to CA to feel the sea and the sand in his toes for experience/exposure and he hates it as much as me. Personally I think that's crazy since I hate the sand in my toes and other parts unless I'm surfing, kite boarding, free diving, snorculing, or yachting. I avoid sucba nowadays but that's for a different private post lol. All I'll say is military. night. underwater. hours. no fun!!!
              Mr. Big Paw
              Big Paw Services

Comment

I forgot the snow report!

It was a little less than 3 inches at 12.30pm. It's stopped for a bit and the sun melted quite a bit of it while i was at my meeting but now it is snowing again steadily and has already filled up what the sun took away. Feels like it will continue into the night. it's looking very dark in the skies...
                Mr. Big Paw
                Big Paw Services

Comment

i miss the snow :( moved from alaska to NC >.<
                  www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that Faeini! No offense to NC poeple but Alaska?!

Started the first stoveoven fire for the season! It's so nice and toasty!

Seems that the snow has slowed down to a near stop:(
                    Mr. Big Paw
                    Big Paw Services

Comment

Originally posted by adir_sharon View Post
                      I forgot the snow report!

It was a little less than 3 inches at 12.30pm. It's stopped for a bit and the sun melted quite a bit of it while i was at my meeting but now it is snowing again steadily and has already filled up what the sun took away. Feels like it will continue into the night. it's looking very dark in the skies...

Oh, I wish I could see it..I lived there in the late 80's and had to come back home..No money at that time..
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. Today's report: More snow but with the sun peaking in ever so often, the roads are pretty dry but the ground is still white. It's beautiful now with the Aspens at the peak of their gold phase! With the snow it's a sight not witness in years!

As of 4:20pm, getting cloudy again...

I'm sorry you had to move back SChajin, but now that your are not poor... say goodbye to your current life and start here lol;)

Can you tell I'm a CO promoter?! I should contact the State for some commissions!
                        Mr. Big Paw
                        Big Paw Services

Comment

Morning of day three:

Dark gray skies and SNOWING!!! Seems we skipped the Fall and mountain Wind season up here this year.
                          Mr. Big Paw
                          Big Paw Services

Comment

91 here and hear index or feels like 100, it is 4:40 pm now! Oh, give me snow!!
                            Sharon Chajin

Comment

I wish I could. It's 54 here but feels like in the 60's. Come back early winter!
                              Mr. Big Paw
                              Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
                              X