X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp

is there any way for people to ftp photos to maybe my public ftp folder;

1, can it be done thro explorer if so how
    2, will they only see that folder and nothing else (security issuses)
    3, will there be a risk of viruses

thanks johnny

Re: ftp

Originally posted by jabie5
    is there any way for people to ftp photos to maybe my public ftp folder;

1, can it be done thro explorer if so how
    2, will they only see that folder and nothing else (security issuses)
    3, will there be a risk of viruses

thanks johnny
    You can use a form with one or more upload fields. You can limit the file type to only be jpg or gif so there will be no virus risk. Once uoloaded, you can view the files and approve them, so you can accept them and actually put them on your website or not.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

how do i use these forms and are they available or can you point me in the right direction

johnny

Comment

how do i use these forms and are they available or can you point me in the right direction

johnny
        Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html The upload field is the last one, at the bottom. If you like such a form, create one in BV, upload it, provide me the URL, and iìll send you the script. In the mean time, have a look at the script structure at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...html#post11943
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: ftp (navaldesign look in)

i tried looking at your site but it would not load up server error

secondly i use dreamweaver is that a problem

it it possible to just have a button on my page which says upload pics and that links to my public ftp folder

thanks
          johnny

Comment

Re: ftp (navaldesign look in)

That's excactly what this form does. Allows your visitor to browse in his computer for a file, and then it upload the pic in a folder in your public_html. It is a form anyway, even if there are no other fields. A form like this can be built in Dreamweaver though i don't know the program. Otherwise you can build a page in BV and link it to rest of your site.
            Navaldesign

Comment

great thats what i want i have blue voda just have to install it.
              but i cannot view your page so how do i start

thanks johnny

Comment

great thats what i want i have blue voda just have to install it.
                but i cannot view your page so how do i start

thanks johnny
                First of all, do you have a vodahost account?
                Navaldesign

Comment

If you do, you start by reading this: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...out-forms.html

If you don't don't have a Vodahost account, BV can't publish on other companies' servers

Click Here to create your VodaHost account.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

yes i have an account and i am reading the tuts now

Comment

ok i have read the tuts three times and had a go at a simple form in bluevoda

what next

johnny

Comment

ok i have read the tuts three times and had a go at a simple form in bluevoda

what next

johnny
                        When you have your form ready, publish it and let me know the URL. I'll have a look and prepare a script for you. You will only have to upload it on your server. Please set the form acrion in "upload.php" before you publish
                        Navaldesign

Comment

right i have published it its on the main page if you click on upload pics you will see the page created in bv

as to your comment "Please set the form acrion in "upload.php" before you publish" i double clicked the form and typed "upload.php" into the action box i hope this is correct can i PM you with my url

thanks

johnny

Comment

Ok, but i don't know your website. Please let me know through my form. It's running ok, i just checked it.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

sent you my url and email. let me know how you get on i might have to sign off now

Comment

Working...
                              X