This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen McMurtrey

It is with the utmost and deepest regret that I have to make this post to let you know that Karen is no longer with us anymore, passing away at 6.30pm USA time.

Karen has been battling with cancer for quite some time now and just when things appeared to be going well for her she took a turn for the worse in the last few days.

Karen leaves a loving husband and a wonderful family who I know will miss her dearly.

It is very hard for me to talk about this as Karen was one of my closest friends ever. She took me under her wings and guided me, not just through my business but as a true friend. Karen was my best friend, but she could also be like a mother to me at times too. She cared for many many people including myself, even being my online nurse too at times.

What can we say about Karen... so much; she was open, would always say it as she saw it, which some people found hard to understand, but this was just how Karen appeared to some. Deep down, trust me, Karen was the most caring woman in the world, beyond no doubt, but was also under a lot of pressure with her work as well as her illness in the later part of her life which she kept well hidden from most.

I lose track of how long now but I believe it has been three or four years I have known Karen and in that time we must of spoken at least once every single day 365 days of each year. Life without her being there will be the most challenging thing I personally have ever had to do in my life.

I will miss her so much as I know all her family and many friends will.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Karen McMurtrey

cant believe it... Rest in Peace Karen...

Comment

It is a great loss to many of us, and to this Community as well. Her support, encouragements, and insights have helped us all as we evolved online, and her distinctive wit has always been especially refreshing.

Karen was one of the first to befriend me when I came to VodaHost, and she was always quick to offer her helping hand. She has been quietly struggling some time, remaining strong to the end, but sadly could not claim victory over this battle that ravaged her so.

She will be sorely missed.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

...thank you Ramsey

She will be greatly missed, a kind & wonderful person, full of humor.....a sad day indeed.

Comment

Some people you meet or come across in your life, make a big difference in your attitude and the way you meet day to day problems.
          Karen was just such a person.
          She was always there for me, and many others, in times of stress or need.
          I will never forget the many smacks that she gave me and her sense of humour was so appropiate....................You will always be remembered Karen.

David
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

As someone who has only been around this forum, & therefore Karen, for just a few months, I can still say that I understand completely how all you 'older' members must be feeling. I am shocked. I had no idea. I wondered some days ago why her presence was suddenly no longer.
            Karen was the first to come to my assistance when I asked stupid "newbie" questions....and she did so with no trace of arrogance or impatience. With one particular problem (that I now realise I could have eventually figured out myself) Karen talked me through step-by-step.
            I never knew her personally........but.........I feel as if I knew her personally.
            And - yes - She will be sorely missed.
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I am so sorry.... I will miss Karen; her scathing wit, her selfless help -her presence on this planet..
              Rest in Peace....
              Liz
              www.sebastopolparty.com
              www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

can't see very well you know, but Karen was always there to guide me through the mazes that i built. you will be missed,
                love, Wayne.
                mrmagoo144
                www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank you Ramsey for letting us know.....

She will be dearly missed by us all specially those of us who have been here
                  with her from the beginning.
                  She always made such a great impact on a lot us.....and always willing to help those of us who need help.
                  May her Soul rest in peace and may we always remember her in our hearts and memories.

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE KAREN..... You will always be remembered....

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
                  Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
                  www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

Oh dear Karen, I will miss you terribly.

“The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired.”

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am missing you already, Karen. We love you, girl...
                      Karen Williams
                      Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

So sorry and shocked to hear of Karen's passing, she was a wonderful and strong willed forum member, I myself foud it hard to understand her abrupt manner at times, I wish I had given her more respect.

Rest in peace, God Bless! x

Comment

Karen was a good friend I met her once and talked with her often she was an inspiration and mentor someone I could ask any question about the internet and she always knew the answer. She was patient and caring and always willing to help. Her wit and wisdom and frequent mac smacks will be missed.
                          Dan

Our SOHO built site

Comment

Karen was the chief among the very few select and wonderful people who give this forum its distinct and rare personality. It won't be the same without her--she will be missed.

Tom
                            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Karen is one of the all-time best people I have had the privilege to have be part of my life. I will miss her sorely. She left us on my birthday, and I really do believe she planned that - so that every year now when I celebrate my birthday, I'll also celebrate Karen - Love you my friend - always will.
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X