PDA

View Full Version : Karen McMurtrey

Marincky
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
It is with the utmost and deepest regret that I have to make this post to let you know that Karen is no longer with us anymore, passing away at 6.30pm USA time.

Karen has been battling with cancer for quite some time now and just when things appeared to be going well for her she took a turn for the worse in the last few days.

Karen leaves a loving husband and a wonderful family who I know will miss her dearly.

It is very hard for me to talk about this as Karen was one of my closest friends ever. She took me under her wings and guided me, not just through my business but as a true friend. Karen was my best friend, but she could also be like a mother to me at times too. She cared for many many people including myself, even being my online nurse too at times.

What can we say about Karen... so much; she was open, would always say it as she saw it, which some people found hard to understand, but this was just how Karen appeared to some. Deep down, trust me, Karen was the most caring woman in the world, beyond no doubt, but was also under a lot of pressure with her work as well as her illness in the later part of her life which she kept well hidden from most.

I lose track of how long now but I believe it has been three or four years I have known Karen and in that time we must of spoken at least once every single day 365 days of each year. Life without her being there will be the most challenging thing I personally have ever had to do in my life.

I will miss her so much as I know all her family and many friends will.

darklight
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
cant believe it... Rest in Peace Karen...

Vasili
11-07-2009, 03:33 PM
It is a great loss to many of us, and to this Community as well. Her support, encouragements, and insights have helped us all as we evolved online, and her distinctive wit has always been especially refreshing.

Karen was one of the first to befriend me when I came to VodaHost, and she was always quick to offer her helping hand. She has been quietly struggling some time, remaining strong to the end, but sadly could not claim victory over this battle that ravaged her so.

She will be sorely missed.

C L
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
...thank you Ramsey

She will be greatly missed, a kind & wonderful person, full of humor.....a sad day indeed.

davidundalicia
11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Some people you meet or come across in your life, make a big difference in your attitude and the way you meet day to day problems.
Karen was just such a person.
She was always there for me, and many others, in times of stress or need.
I will never forget the many smacks that she gave me and her sense of humour was so appropiate....................You will always be remembered Karen.

David

ahimsa
11-07-2009, 04:49 PM
As someone who has only been around this forum, & therefore Karen, for just a few months, I can still say that I understand completely how all you 'older' members must be feeling. I am shocked. I had no idea. I wondered some days ago why her presence was suddenly no longer.
Karen was the first to come to my assistance when I asked stupid "newbie" questions....and she did so with no trace of arrogance or impatience. With one particular problem (that I now realise I could have eventually figured out myself) Karen talked me through step-by-step.
I never knew her personally........but.........I feel as if I knew her personally.
And - yes - She will be sorely missed.

larazovich
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I am so sorry.... I will miss Karen; her scathing wit, her selfless help -her presence on this planet..
Rest in Peace....

mrmagoo144
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
can't see very well you know, but Karen was always there to guide me through the mazes that i built. you will be missed,
love, Wayne.

Astraltraveller
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Thank you Ramsey for letting us know.....

She will be dearly missed by us all specially those of us who have been here
with her from the beginning.
She always made such a great impact on a lot us.....and always willing to help those of us who need help.
May her Soul rest in peace and may we always remember her in our hearts and memories.

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE KAREN..... You will always be remembered....

LadyEye
11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh dear Karen, I will miss you terribly.

“The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired.”

karenwms63
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
I am missing you already, Karen. We love you, girl...

Justallsorts
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
So sorry and shocked to hear of Karen's passing, she was a wonderful and strong willed forum member, I myself foud it hard to understand her abrupt manner at times, I wish I had given her more respect.

Rest in peace, God Bless! x

kmakpres
11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Karen was a good friend I met her once and talked with her often she was an inspiration and mentor someone I could ask any question about the internet and she always knew the answer. She was patient and caring and always willing to help. Her wit and wisdom and frequent mac smacks will be missed.

Tom Finley
11-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Karen was the chief among the very few select and wonderful people who give this forum its distinct and rare personality. It won't be the same without her--she will be missed.

Tom

Bethers
11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Karen is one of the all-time best people I have had the privilege to have be part of my life. I will miss her sorely. She left us on my birthday, and I really do believe she planned that - so that every year now when I celebrate my birthday, I'll also celebrate Karen - Love you my friend - always will.

Collectors-info
11-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the post Ramsey, i didn't realize Karen had this terrible illness & was wondering why she hadn't been around the forum for a wile. My sympathy & condolences goes out to her family at this sad time.

navaldesign
11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I've been talking to her quite often lately, but never did she mention anything. Not even the last time we chated, just a week ago.

I believe that we will all remember her. She helped so many people here, that it results hard to me that she can ever be forgotten.

Have a nice journey Karen...

zuriatman
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
I am lighting a torch for you KarenMac.

May you rest in peace.

http://www.bumiweb.com/images/afi023.gif

LadyEye
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM

May you rest in peace.

I am grabbing your torch Zuriatman .. ty

SChajin
11-09-2009, 07:24 PM

May you rest in peace.

God Bless You

Jeremy
11-10-2009, 05:23 AM
It's quite a shock and an unexpected loss. My condolences go out to her family. She will be greatly missed.

SAman
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
A great loss for all of us, not only for the endless help for the forum, but her MAC SMACKS will also be missed.
Rest in Peace Karen.

VodaHost
11-11-2009, 03:03 AM
OMG...I have been traveling on business for the past few weeks and I just saw this thread...I am stunned and speechless...Karen and I talked all the time, I knew all about the cancer...I don't know what to say...I will miss her dearly...

VodaHost
11-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Thank you Ramsey

Bethers
11-11-2009, 03:59 AM
If any of you are interested, the forum Karen and I belonged to long before we came to VH is collecting donations - we are having a plaque made for her family - a "MacSmack" plaque - and all donations over that are going to a local cancer charity (in MO) requested by her son.

If anyone is interested, I'm sure we could find a way to have people contribute - I could post a link. Let me know and I'll get that to you. Or, VodaHost, maybe another could be set up here? I know the charity and would be happy to tell you - again - let me know. But it's not about where it's coming from - it's all about what it's for.

LadyEye
11-11-2009, 04:24 AM
Thank you Beth .. its nice to see you, but never nice at a time like this .. please let me in on that .. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

VodaHost
11-11-2009, 07:04 AM
If any of you are interested, the forum Karen and I belonged to long before we came to VH is collecting donations - we are having a plaque made for her family - a "MacSmack" plaque - and all donations over that are going to a local cancer charity (in MO) requested by her son.

If anyone is interested, I'm sure we could find a way to have people contribute - I could post a link. Let me know and I'll get that to you. Or, VodaHost, maybe another could be set up here? I know the charity and would be happy to tell you - again - let me know. But it's not about where it's coming from - it's all about what it's for.

Great idea...Please feel free to post it on VodaTalk...

Marincky
11-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Donations can be made here (http://www.onlinemerchantforum.com/forums/misc.php?do=donate)

Bethers
11-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Thanks, Ramsey - all donations are definitely welcomed.

I talked to Karen's son again tonight - tomorrow is the services. He's got Karen's spunk and sass - she spread that on down in the family and it while tomorrow will be difficult for all of them, we talked about this is now the time to celebrate Karen's life - which is how she'd like them (and us) to do things - rather than spending too much time feeling sorry for what happened.

Thank you all who do contribute.

Bethers
11-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Just bumping this - in case anyone else would like to contribute - please see the link in the message 2 above this.

pioneerVicki
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Will the forum ever been the same without Karen?

Tom vR
11-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I just came accross this one. I just can't believe it. The forum will never be the same.

sedona
11-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry to be so late to pay my condolences. Karen helped me a great deal and we cooperated on a bit of business together. In private communications she shared a much sweeter side than the MacSmack we all knew from the forum. I know many of you knew this side of her as well, some much better than I... in truth she could not have been a more generous person.

Godspeed Dear Karen, peace and prayers to your family. Thank you Ramsey and all who have spoken such heartfelt and eloquent words.

limebrook1
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM
I haven't been around for a while, and just saw this post! What a shock!

Rest in peace, Karen.

glendene
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
This makes my problems pale into insignificance. I am totally shocked by this news. Like may others I had no idea she was fighting such a horrible *******. God bless you Karen and your family. You are sorely missed.