Fonts in 7.7 different than 7.6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts in 7.7 different than 7.6?

Hi all. I had been working on my site and had 14 pages done with the 7.6 version when.........my computer crashed! The computer was finally repaired and I was sure I'd lost all my pages...but thanks to this forum, I found a way to download them to the new 7.7 version.
    However, I cannot find the old fonts I used! My pages were in several different fonts, bimini, papyrus, etc... The new version has different fonts... isn't there a way to get them back? I've searched through this forum but couldn't find anyone else with this problem. Should I just go back to the 7.6 version? All help greatly appreciated!

Re: Fonts in 7.7 different than 7.6?

I'm not totally sure but aren't fonts something already in your computer? Could your pc crash have caused some of your 'old' fonts to be lost?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
      I'm not totally sure but aren't fonts something already in your computer? Could your pc crash have caused some of your 'old' fonts to be lost?
      Thanks for your reply Girlonthehill... No.. I'm talking about the old fonts contained in the 7.6 which included bimini and papyrus. The fonts that were part of the program itself. Because I downloaded the new 7.7 version, I cannot find them in the new program. Have they been deleted? What I see available now is at least five each of arial, courier, lucida and times new roman. And after comic sans, there are about 10 I've never heard of but they all look alike. Are these the only fonts available? I've read on the forum that there are more than 200 available but don't know where they would be in the program. My list shows about 50... help?

Comment

Keep in mind that fonts are very "user based". The programmers may have chosen to remove some fonts after learning that they weren't widely available on most pc's.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
          Keep in mind that fonts are very "user based". The programmers may have chosen to remove some fonts after learning that they weren't widely available on most pc's.
          Thank you Racefan... the fonts that are in the new 7.7 version are not at all familiar to me so I don't know that they could be considered widely avail... I'm quite familiar with "normal" fonts used by most pc's and editors. I'm wondering if I downloaded something besides the normal version?
          All of these fonts look alike... they are palatino linotype,estrangelo edessa,guatami,latha,mangal,mv boli,raavi,shruti,tunga and sylafaen. Did I download a different version of 7.7 or is this what the norm is? Would like to know before I revert back to the 7.6... Thanks!

Comment

I just glanced through the fonts in my copy of BV 7.7 and papyrus is there, although I didn't look for your complete list.

A simple little trick for using pretty much any font you want to use in a program like this - navigate to the fonts folder in Windows and open the font you want to use. It should then show up at the very bottom of the fonts drop down list in BV. I have lots of shortcuts to fonts on my desktop for this very reason.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks for the tip Racefan... I'll try it

Comment

Working...
              X