Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of resources

Hello,
    Your proposal is very attractive. But before i start I need some technical info from you. Four months earlier I started to work with anothe web hosting company - ********. They have very attractive proposals, very much like your's: 12 G disk soace, 500 M traffic, cPanel, Fantastico, osCommerce, Sitebuilder etc. And 5$/mo only! I started to work with one of my clients and built oscommerce solution ****************. While workin I was excited with hosting and support team (there was some problems and I fot solution during 1 warking day). So I decided to became reseller (I have more clients) and opened affiliate programm. I opend 3 additional client's accounts under my reseller accouns
    Suddenly, after 3 months using Sitebuilder server, I've got message "Service temporary unavailable.." while using **************Iam not a novice in software and internet industry, so I clearly understand what does it mean - lack of resources.
    The mySQL database of ******************* is not so huge - 5M, 8000 items. I have expirience with mach more bigger mySQL databases, for example 250,000 items.
    I was told by support team that it's not lack of resources, it's not optimized database queries, that require mach more CPU loops and memory than other sites. I was told that I must to move from standard account (5$ value) to VPI account (89$ value). I think that it was the trick to gain much money (may be I am wrong).
    So I decided to stop using their service and to find something more reliable and fear.
    My question is: can I try before buy? If I order hosting account and will install oscommerce solution *********************** will I have problems with "not optimized database queries"?
    Last edited by VodaHost; 03-18-2006, 07:37 PM.

Re: Lack of resources

I understand you where burnt by your previous host. But we do not have
    "try the server before you buy policy" we get over 5,000 visitors a day and
    it would be impossible to monitor and cause serious security issues.

We specialize in osCommerce hosting (Click Here) But if you have a poorly
    configed script that is causing mySQL loops this is an entirely diffrent issue.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 03-18-2006, 07:17 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Lack of resources

You really can not blame your web host if you are causing a high CPU load. Anythng with 250,000 items should be on a dedicated server.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X