This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need a New Look!

Hi everyone, I think maybe we need a new look..Anyone with any thoughts? New Look...Or leave it as it is...

www.fastlincs.com

Thanks..
    Sharon Chajin

Re: I Need a New Look!

lol at time we all need a new look, me i'm three feet shorter than i was and died my hair blue.
    but your site might need one or two different colors, lol a lot of red. but if it works don't mess
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Ha Ha..Yep Tones of Red!!!Also I'm shorter too!
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

That helps make up for me--I'm bigger around. Shades of gray work well with red.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I like gray as well, if I change 1 thing I will change everything..The whole look as I have so many pages to go through...lol
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
            Hi everyone, I think maybe we need a new look..Anyone with any thoughts? New Look...Or leave it as it is...

www.fastlincs.com

Thanks..
            The red looks good on you but not your webpages especially not your texts.

Your whole page needs a revamp. Shades of pastel brown or green looks fresh and texts should always remain Jet Black.

Cheers.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Its been said and I agree your home page does look a bit red but I'd probably look at the category headers and make them deeper a deeper colour like a maroon or something and I'd probably do something with the nav bar to make wider to fit between the edges of the page.

For general text I tend to use a dark grey on a white back ground, you get the contrast but its a little bit softer and easier on the eye.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank everyone..It will take a while to do..
                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Red is an angry color. Personally I find it a little overpowering but others may not.
                  The Female Zone

Comment

I think I want to change the whole look..I would like a shout box and make it so there can be some interaction on it..A fun place, not just advertising..
                    Sharon Chajin

Comment

First of all, I would do it very differently .... I would make it more pleasing to the eye immediately, so Visitor's can 'get it' without struggling, and to make it polished up without much effort at all --- by using images.

No one wants to arrive at a Directory site ... it's boring and offers nothing new at all, and only makes it more difficult to evaluate to see if it really is a site you want to participate with.

You have a dozen or so Categories (Advice, Air Conditioning, etc.), and I would merely simplify your index page into a visual index page by using smaller images with text laid over to direct traffic to those specific pages.
                      For "Air COnditioning" I would have a photo of an AC unit alongside a house with the label AIR CONDITIONING across it and hyperlink it to that page where your Listings are ... the reason being is that I would not promise anyone Index page positioning, but merely on the Category page in Alphabetical order .... which makes it so much easier to manage those Category pages also (simply make them longer instead of trying to 'balance' the page every time you add an advertiser). People can understand this layout, and for the Category pages themselves, you may wish to add a City code as well ... kind of like this:
                      ABC Pizza (logo) .....Eat-In, Take-Out, Delivery ..... 11am-11pm ..... 561-123-4567 ..... Coral Springs

Can you see how changing your Index page into being first a visually-oriented Category Navigation and then to a Category Listing Page would better serve you and the advertiser?
                      A lot less to change, and a lot more "order" posible .....

Also, I would make your dynamic Menu bigger ... truly side-to-side: too hard to read or use as is now.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Just a very quick mock-up to illustrate the power of images, and how to better allow Visitors to navigate quickly according to interest, having first explained exactly what the site offers and how it works ... (just an idea) >>> www.VodaTips.com/fastlincs1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                          Just a very quick mock-up to illustrate the power of images, and how to better allow Visitors to navigate quickly according to interest, having first explained exactly what the site offers and how it works ... (just an idea) >>> www.VodaTips.com/fastlincs1.html
                          Nice, Vasili!!
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
                            Nice Vasili!!
                            LOL! Thanks ... real rough, and now I gotta jet!

Comment

I like it!!!Can I have it...haha
                              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                              X