Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form "breaks" page and builder

Hi,

I'm creating a submission form on my page to get first name, last name, etc. Stuff like that.

When I try to publish the page, it says it published successfully, but upon loading the page, nothing has changed.

After a lot of trial and error, I couldn't tell if the form wasn't working, or it just wasn't updating the page, so I deleted an image so that I'd know whether the page updated or not.

Well, I published, and upon loading the page, nothing had changed whatsoever. Image was still there, etc.

When I preview, however, the form works perfectly. (Though it doesn't submit the information to the e-mail like I'd wanted it to-- could use help here after the initial problem is taken care of.)

I tried closing the program, restarting, and trying again. Page still doesn't "publish." Other pages will, however. Even when I take the form out, it's like the page is permanently broken and will not accept any changes I make.

I can create a new page which will publish properly, but as soon as a form is inserted, it stops working properly.

I tried a "build your own form" website to generate HTML for the page, and that equally makes it not publish. Though once again, the preview works fine.

So, any ideas? This form is fairly important and I need to figure out how to work it.
    kamicon.net

Re: Form "breaks" page and builder

Your PC will have cached your pages for faster browsing.

When you republish a page Hit F5 to refresh your browser. You will then see the changes you have made.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your response.

Secondly, I would like to say, while not trying to be rude at all, that I know enough about computer and internet usage to know refreshing, caching, and all that, and have attempted such things.

The problem appears to be this one single page when I try to add a form via BlueVoda. I can update any other page and see its changes just fine. I was able to make one in HTML that seems to work perfectly fine, so it's not a problem at the moment, but I was just wondering if maybe anyone encountered this before.

Like I said, it's not just the form that doesn't show up, it effectively "breaks" the page in the builder and will not update anything I add/remove from then on.
      kamicon.net

Comment

Ah Ok I think I know what you are getting at.

If you make a page in .html you can preview it in the browser fine....

When you use the built in processor for creating a form BV converts the page to .php

You can not preview .php pages (or at least I can't) as you can .html. I usually publish the page and make live changes if neccessary.

Additional info after reading your first post again

You will not be able to test your form until you have published it.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Ah yes, but here's the thing-- I can see the form perfectly fine when I preview. (Whether it works or not I'm not sure.)

But the problem lies in that it's not actually publishing. It SAYS it is, but no changes are being made to the page whatsoever. It's like it's breaking the builder for that one page, because after I introduce a form I cannot make ANY changes to the page at all.

I know it sounds odd, but I'm fairly certain it's an error and not the intended function, because nothing will publish. Even if I remove the form, the page is still "broken" and will not publish properly. If I create a brand new page it works perfectly fine, up until I add the form.

Like I said before, I have a working HTML form at the moment, but now I'm just curious as to why this is happening.
          kamicon.net

Comment

I am curious as to what you mean by a 'broken' page??

Do you get mumbo jumbo at the top of the published page??

If yes its usually because a form has been put on the page (typically when you have ticked the check box to use the php built in form processor), but the page extension is still .html

It has to be .php and you can check/change the page extension in 'page properties.

Please post a link to this page.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Hi,

I was eventually able to figure everything out-- but I do owe it to you. See, I hadn't realized that by making the form, the page became .php instead of .html.

So when I said the page wasn't "publishing" and was "broken," it's because it was publishing a .php when I was trying to view the .html.

I would have never realized this had you not mentioned php somewhere.

So thanks for your help. =D
              kamicon.net

Comment

Working...
              X