Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website looks different for many people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website looks different for many people?

Hi,

I've found that my website looks different for many different people, and looks different in various ways.

For example, at my site (www.kamicon.net), on my computer the dropdown menu fits perfectly within the box it's in, and the page inside the inline frame fits perfectly. Also, if you go to the Registration page, the image sits nicely on the bottom, within the frame.

However, on other people's computers, the "Links" button in the dropdown might stick out, the page in the inline frame doesn't fit, leaving some white, and the Registration page's image is just way off, among other things.

Thing is, the level of deviation is different-- for some, the links tab sticks out just a tiny bit. For other, it's completely out the frame, etc.

Thing is, I would normally think this was an issue with browsers, but I've had several people look at the site in (so far) Internet Explorer and Firefox, and for some it looks fine, some it looks off, regardless of browser.

I thought it might be some issue with resolution, but changing the viewer's resolution didn't seem to make a difference.

Can anyone help? I know I'm not some master programmer who knows what he's doing, but that's the whole point of WYSIWYG builders like this anyway-- to let people like me build a website. I would like everything to be where I actually put it.

So, any help? Please?
    kamicon.net

Re: Website looks different for many people?

Actually, upon further inspection, it seems that Firefox is indeed the brower that causes the page to look odd.

Is there any way to, I don't know, "sync" how the page looks in every broswer?
    kamicon.net

Comment

Re: Website looks different for many people?

Firefox tends to be a bit unforgiving and tends to identify discrepancies with over lapping and so on..

A tip would be to build a site for a Firefox browser and you'll pretty safe in the knowledge that it will be OK in an IE browser.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
      X