Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Side Include (doesn't seem to work?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Side Include (doesn't seem to work?)

Hi,

I'm not going to outright say that my server side include isn't working, but I will say that my understanding of how it all works says that it isn't.

Here's the problem:

My site (www.kamicon.net) has the main dropdown menu for navigation. For what I've built so far, any time I've made a change to the menu, I've had to go to every single page and paste the new menu into them. This is time-consuming and inefficient and I know it.

Back when I used *******s (apparently I can't say that word, so I'll say, "webs of a free sort"), I was able to fix this with a Server Side Include, which I could update once and it affected the menu on every page.

I tried this on my BlueVoda site and it just does not seem to work, at all. I'm fully willing to believe I'm doing it wrong, so could anyone help me figure out what I need to do here?

[What I've been doing: Copy the Menu and its Border, paste them in a new blank page. Preview. Copy Source HTML. Go to http://www.moock.org/webdesign/javas...-side-include/ and convert the HTML to a SSI script. Save the script as a .js file, and upload that file to my site. Create a script that references the .js file. This hasn't seemed to work (nothing appears at all when I test it.]

So, any help please? I appreciate all the help I've been getting here.
    kamicon.net
Working...
X