Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleting stuff in blueftp

hello all
    I wondered if there was a way of deleting all my pages from blueftp? I published pages before I knew what I was doing, and now have all the pages I need for the site ready, but want to clear out what is in there, in order that when I republish my site I know theres no rubbish in ftp.

I am a little concerned that despite having about 30 pages that make up my site, only 6 appear in blueftp. They all appear on website, but not in the file?

Finally how can I get rid of ecommerce. I put it in there in my overexuberance, but I realised my site didn't warrent a 'shopping cart' style catalouge. I do however have a catalogue page for my site, but cant publish it as 'catalogue' as there is already a cataloge folder (ecommerce) in my blueftp folder. I have tried just to delete it but it refuses to go away?

any advise would be appriciated.
    A Monumental Finale.

Re: deleting stuff in blueftp

I deleted my unwanted site by ctrl-A to highlight all the files then ctrl-click on what I want to keep (like the folder bits at the top - I kept the top three things as I wasn't sure what they were) - then right click - delete. Be careful not to delete important stuff! I found this far easier than clicking on each item individually. Don't know about ecommerce. I suggest checking the knowledge base or doing a search in forums for 'uninstall .....' etc. Good luck. Remember - if in doubt - don't take it out!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead
      Finally how can I get rid of ecommerce. I put it in there in my overexuberance, but I realised my site didn't warrent a 'shopping cart' style catalouge. I do however have a catalogue page for my site, but cant publish it as 'catalogue' as there is already a cataloge folder (ecommerce) in my blueftp folder. I have tried just to delete it but it refuses to go away?

any advise would be appriciated.
      to get rid of ecommerce, if you install it through fantastico you can uninstall through fantastico too, all the page include their database will go away. but if you installed it from scratch you can delete manually through ftp/control panel and also you have to delete their database manualy in cp
      Nyoman

Comment

oops...I have deleted the whole lot...:(,
        I have published again though and they seem to have come through ok
        A Monumental Finale.

Comment

Working...
        X