Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nameserver pointing

Hi all,
    Ive just finished building a new site for a company who use .co.uk but also have .com pointing at their site.
    Ideally i would like to publish the new site as .com so i can iron all the bugs out etc, leaving the old site up, on .co.uk and then transfering the nameservers of .co.uk once its ready to go.
    Can I point the .com nameservers at my BV hosting?
    Will it mess with the .co.uk site as some pages are named the same, obviously.

When I purchased the new BV package I notified BV that the site would be .co.uk, will this cause an issue?

Cheers all.
    Andy

Re: Nameserver pointing

Yes you can.

If you point your domain.com to your servers with VodaHost, I think your webpages should also be published to your public_html/ in your VodaHost cPanel!
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Cheers for that, do I need to do anything different than normal. I changed the name servers over and published a page but it doesnt appear when i type in the address .com/...........
      Do i need to publish the index first ?

I dont want the existing site to change, will publishing .com/index affect .co.uk/index?

Thanks again.
      Andy

Comment

No it will not. Your IP with VodaHost is different.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Nice one. I'm looking for that topic. I'm a newbie here. Thanks for sharing about that.

Comment

Working...
          X