Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change a page from .HTML to .BVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change a page from .HTML to .BVP?

Okay, this is an odd discovery I came across recently. I'm in the process of publishing a site and some of my pages aren't showing? So, I did SHOW: ALL PAGES. And when I go to one of the pages properties that isn't .BVP, it says it's .HTML...? Is that what it's supposed to be, or did I do something wrong?

Re: How do I change a page from .HTML to .BVP?

And another thing, what should I open my pages as? Vista messed them up... For some reason that I didn't do and can't explain, it says that my pages are being opened by FireFox instead of B.V.....????? And when I go to preview the pages it pulls up another bluevoda instead of letting me preview the page. PLEASE HELP, I'M REALLY CONFUSED

Comment

You save a BV page as just a name. IE: contact
      BV will auto make it save on your machine with a bvp extension. When you publish the page it will then auto convert to a html extension for web use.
      When you click on a file in the bv folder & it opens in FF, You must have your computer set to open any html file in FF.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I may have shed some light on the other post but when you save a page in BV, don't add any extensions. BV will automatically save the pages as .bvp. Only when the pages are published will they convert to html.

In case you arn't, always open your pages within the BlueVoda builder itself.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

make your life easy, watch the tutorials >>>> http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
            make your life easy, watch the tutorials >>>> http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
            Might be helpful if the video was changed & didn't say name your pages with an html extension. many don't read the text underneath
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X