Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links not working

Hello,

I've published my site today for the first time http://www.valuevisionglasses.co.uk Although it's nowhere near ready I just wanted to "get it out there" to see how it looked and if everything was working the same in preview mode.

I've had a look at it in Firefox and two of the links aren't working and I can't fathom out why. I've saved every page and I've published every page. I've checked, rechecked (and my good lady wife has checked) and I can't find any spelling mistakes on the drop down menu link information.

The two pages that aren't working are:

and

I wonder if someone could kindly help me with this please?

Re: Links not working

The only thing to check then are how you saved your pages.
    You should have then (according to your links)

nhsvouchers.bvp
    marketstall.bvp

As you know should be EXACTLY the same as your link extension letter for letter.....

You never know!!
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Darren,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked with the Bluevoda page builder and the pages are saved as:

nhsvouchers.bvp
      marketstall.bvp

I've checked letter for letter and still can't find out why they are not linking?

Regards

Ibby

Comment

Try publishing these 2 again.....I hoping you just had a blip!
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

It's quite a blip. I've saved both pages, checked them again and published them again and I keep on getting the same error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /nhsvouchers.html was not found on this server.
          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
          Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.valuevisionglasses.co.uk Port 80

Comment

sorry may be a stupid question but have you published the pages? and did you publish them in the proper place public_html directory?
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hello and thank you for the reply - I really appreciate efforts at helping. I'm new to this but yes I've saved every page and they have a .bvp extension and then I've published every one of them.

I've checked in the control panel and all the pages are showing in the file manager panel and they look ok to me - that is to say they don't look any different to all the pages where the links work fine. I can't see any error messages?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ibby

Comment

Sorry - I forgot to mention - yes they are in the public_html folder/directory.

Ibby

Comment

For DarrenC and mrmagoo144 - thanks for your help. Problem solved and the fledgling website http://www.valuevisionglasses.co.uk is now working properly.

Entirely my fault - capital letters had crept in and I hadn't noticed them. Sorry to have bothered you.

Kind Regards

Ibby

Comment

I have problems linking with bluevoda. When I build sites with HTML, I can design and link without a domain name. I can preview the site before uploading it.

But with bluevoda I linked to another page but when I click on the link it can't preview.

I want to know if this is a general problem with bluevoda? can someone tell me how to link my pages on my pc?

Comment

Originally posted by pzino View Post
                      I have problems linking with bluevoda. When I build sites with HTML, I can design and link without a domain name. I can preview the site before uploading it.

But with bluevoda I linked to another page but when I click on the link it can't preview.

I want to know if this is a general problem with bluevoda? can someone tell me how to link my pages on my pc?
                      Publish all your webpages from BlueVoda and it will automatically linked if the url has been typed in properly in page properties.

P.s. BlueVoda pages can be published only to a VodaHost account!
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                      X