upgrading from bv10 to 11.4 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading from bv10 to 11.4 problems

hello, I just got my computer back and need to finish working on my web site, i see in the forum we have 11.4 now and i want to download 11.4 and not use 10 anymore. i am having problems, if i click the download unzipped file it says there is an error if i click on unzipped file it starts the download and then tells me i have to insert a disk? i am so lost, i never had this problem before. my computers hard drive crashed a month ago and the re built it and was able to save all my files, i worked in the bluevoda 10 version the other day it was fine, so how come i can not upgrade to 11.4? any help i would be greatfull.

Re: upgrading from bv10 to 11.4 problems

I would suggest you stick with v10 a little longer if you can--v11 is still buggy. There's a bug report thread somewhere that lists things that are being worked on.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

but i thought they fixed it and that is why there is 11.4 now

Comment

That's true up to a point. But there's Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, it will. I consider my websites to be "mission critical," and as a personal policy I therefore do not upgrade software until bugs are no longer being reported. I learned this habit when I began to produce computer music as a hobby years ago--no producer would ever upgrade in the middle of a project; it's inviting trouble.

Sorry I can't help with the download trouble, I don't know the answer to that. Someone here will.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
        X