Web-content theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web-content theft

Recently, a website is trying to sell my designs & house plans.
    I spent a lot of time sending them information that they requested for plans shown on my website. I sent them an email from another name requesting plan information and they want to charge about 1500% more for what I'm charging and they haven't purchased the plans from me yet.

I know there's the ICANN who charges a minimum of $1500 to report and initiate a problem but I want to try a different approach if possible.
    They want payment made to their bank acct as they don't use Paypal.
    I spend a lot of time with designs & completed house plans and don't think it's right for someone to steal them and resell them, and for a 15 times more than I sell them for !!!

sorry if this post is in the wrong section, couldn't find a better place...
    Does anyone know or have any ideas to what I can/should do ?
    Thanks in advance...
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: Web-content theft

You need to get all your plans watermarked without dimensions & only send a full version un-watermarked with dimensions when paid for. All should have your copy write on them.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ditto with Chris

However its called buying and selling isn't it?

If this other website will altimately buy these plans from you anyway albeit at a lower price so they can sell them at a higher price, thats got to be a good route to market for you hasn't it. Afterall you were happy to sell them at your original prices. They could be good for business. What it may also indicate is your prices are too cheap.

If they are blatently stealing them and you get nothing, then thats different.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
        Ditto with Chris

However its called buying and selling isn't it?

If this other website will altimately buy these plans from you anyway albeit at a lower price so they can sell them at a higher price, thats got to be a good route to market for you hasn't it. Afterall you were happy to sell them at your original prices. They could be good for business. What it may also indicate is your prices are too cheap.

If they are blatently stealing them and you get nothing, then thats different.
        The watermarked photos are a good idea, done....
        The idea of trying to market my designs & plans with my exact text from website and THEIR copyright notice on them without permission isn't. They contacted me several months ago with the idea of purchasing plans and never hinted at reselling them for 15 times the cost. It's basically, plagiarism and copyright infringement....kind of like taking bluevoda (or other website software that's bought) and changing the name to pinkvoda and reselling it without regard or credit to the originator.......not really like buying and selling...
        Thai House Plans
        Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Working...
        X