This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomain problem

When I type the URL of my subdomain, ie. www.subdomain.maindomain.com, I get this:

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
    ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
    About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
    About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

Re: Subdomain problem

OK so far so good!

All you need to do is publish to your newly created subdomain folder.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have done that.

Comment

Have you published an index page for this subdomain?

and are you pulishing to public_html/subdomain?

Answering a bit blind really. You may have to post the actual link.
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Comment

To be honest I'm at a loss. I've seen that 'apache' pages lots of times when setting up primary domains and 'addon' domains. It just means everything is being configured and can take up to 24 hours.

I've never seen it for a 'sub-domain' though...the ones I've done are instantly available.

Hopefully one of the Generals will be along to shed some light on it.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Could it have to do with the main domain being a redirect?

Comment

Originally posted by bravo75 View Post
                Could it have to do with the main domain being a redirect?
                I did wonder that cus it goes to youtube doesn't it? But I didn't comment because I am not 100% sure.
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Sub-domains cannot "share" a SSL ... if you have installed an SSL on the Main Domain, any sub-domain is being rendered inaccessible due to the server path.

An Add-On domain may have an SSL installed (since it is directly installed onto a Domain name - a sub-domain does not have a unique URL as does an Add-On), but it requires a special SSL cert type, and can only be done with permission from and assistance by VodaHost Support, upon request.

Additionally, the Main Domain must have an index page published to give the account minimal structure .... you cannot publish to a sub-domain some pages if the Main Domain directory is empty .... that too, is an invalid path.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Tell you the truth, I am just playing around with the main domain because I don't use it any more. I use it for redirects for CPA offers. The Youtube video was just fiddling about with redirects. Maybe I should try a subdomain with one of my addon domains.

Thanks for your help, by the way

Comment

Working...
                    X