• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with linking!!!!!!!

my domain is www.musclegrowth4u.com
    my name is jimmy ai
    my question is

1. when i enter my domain in the browser it loads to the home page fine. so i click another link on my site which works fine but when i click on the home button it doesnt load up, and it just gives me a error message.
    I saved my home page as index.html but when the error message shows, in the broswer it shows index.bvp!!!!
    I have checked that all my pages that the home page button has the link index.html and not index.bvp.. I also checked that my home page is saved in my computer as index.html so why is this doing this to me!!!!!?????????

2. My contact page is also not loading. I saved the contact page as contact.html and i also made sure that the link is contact.html in all my site pages. the same problem occurs when i try to load it from my home page or any other links that works. the browser in the error message also shows the link as contact.bvp.. when i change the bvp into .html the page loads up a incompleted version of my contact page which is impossible because i saved and publish all my latest work.

3. The site for my blog is http://musclegrowth4u.com/Blog/
    and is exactly what saved as the link for Blog in all my site pages which i also published as that. but when i try to click the blog button from my site it shows me the same error message and this time in the browser of the error message it says www.musclegrowth4u.com/Blog.html
    I Name Blog.html because it would NOT allow me to name it "Blog/" in my computer so what am i suppose to do from here to get my links to work???????????????

PLEASE!! I need help with this ASAP I'm going crazy!! your help is appreciated!!!!!!!!

Re: Please help me with linking!!!!!!!

Your home page should be just named index only. Your contact page will quite likely have a .php extension.
    When saving your pages, just save them as a name & the BV program will auto save it as .bvp. Then when you publish it will auto convert to html. Dont try & do this your self.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

its jimmy here
      domain: www.musclegrowth4u.com

so i followed your instructions, I saved my home page only as 'INDEX'
      and i saved my contact page as CONTACT.PHP

I edited the links in my navigation bar to
      for example HOME "www.musclegrowth4u.com/index
      because in the message it said that it would automatically convert to a html page but it did not work when i clicked on the HOME button

I edited the link CONTACT within all my pages to www.musclegrowth4u.com/contact.php
      that button does NOT work either!

my blog address is musclegrowth4u.com/Blog/
      but that does NOT work either when i click on it!
      in my computer file, I cannot save Blog as Blog/
      i can only save it as blog.html but
      blog.html is not my site.

please help me! i have followed all the instructions within the tutorials and the forum plus the support team and it is still giving me great deal of Grief... please just help me to get this done! thanks!!!!

Comment

hello Jimmy; linking can be the most difficult of tasks. here are a couple of rules you MUST follow:
        1. when you save your page use no caps and no spaces. when you save your home page, just save it as index.
        2. do not put any extensions when you are saving the page.
        3. as an example - you named the page Muscle Gain in your navigation menu - you have saved the page as musclegrowth so your link on all your pages will be:

now if you did not save and publish the page as musclegrowth then the link will not work.
        4. always save your page with no caps and no spaces and make sure the link that you use is the same as you saved it.
        go slowly - do one page at a time - make sure the link is working.
        NOTE: if you save a page as store and you link it as gym, then how do you expect the computor to send the visitor to the right place.
        hope this helps and if you continue to have problems contact me through my website. i can walk you through the process
        good luck
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
        X