This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash banner overlaping menu bar

I put a new flash banner on my website and it seems to be covering the menu bar on the website. When i click on services it should show all the other services i have but when i remove the flash banner it will show. I don't want to remove the banner so is there anyway i can show the rest of the services on my menu bar? Here is our website

Re: flash banner overlaping menu bar

Hi, One problem I found on my pages was the size of the work box.
    When you click on the banner in BV page work are,. bring all sides in as close as you can to the banner without making it smaller. I found that the box will cover any information it overlaps even if it is blank in the work area. If that still doesn't help you may have to readjust the banner a little to get it past the overlap. This is only a little help, I'm sure other with more expertise will be writing.

Hope it help
    God bless
    rafiki

Comment

Hi Jay K,

I just viewed your website in IE8.

No such problems as you claimed.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay K View Post
        I put a new flash banner on my website and it seems to be covering the menu bar on the website. When i click on services it should show all the other services i have but when i remove the flash banner it will show. I don't want to remove the banner so is there anyway i can show the rest of the services on my menu bar? Here is our website
        No, there is nothing that will solve this problem other than to re-position your Flash element: your drop-down Menu items (and any other elements) will always appear "under" a Flash element, due to the nature of Flash itself, always being positioned "Front/Top" to any other element added to a page.

It does not matter if it was created in Dreamweavwer, with a dynamic script (Joomla, Drupal, etc.) or Blue Voda -- Flash will always be on "Top" and cannot be 'layered' or 'sent to back' despite whatever bug fixes you may find on the web --- they too, all conclude that the results are minimal and create additional Flash formatting problems that cannot be corrected.

Your best bet is to eliminate the drop-down selections and convert them to an additional line of Text-links, or to reposition your Flash element entirely ... possibly by splitting some of your Introductory page text and using a paragraph in between the Menu and the Flash header for a greater margin. This would allow the text to be covered by the drop-down Menu items when browsed (no big loss), but will not float under the Flash header.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Jay K, I see the problem on FF. What you want to do is make the flash animation layerable. I don't know if the layers tool in BV can do that, but you might give that a try first. After that, go here and scroll down the page to the WMODE info; that worked for me.

Well--Vasili beat me with a more accurate answer.
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

IF you used Dreamweaver (as I suspect) and if you are willing to risk losing some Visitor's full experience using your website (as only a portion will have the browsers that will allow a technique to be used successfully), then the actual link to review is this: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15523.html

I personally do not feel it justified to utilize a solution that works for only a small portion of Visitors, and again suggest simple re-positioning as mentioned above as a clean, easy to implement answer to address everyone without compromising the design of your site significantly.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X