Blank Home Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Home Page?

I recently converted my website (www.helpingusellu.com) pages from html to php. When I did, I named all of the pages exactly the same, saved and published them, then went into my c-panel file manager and removed all of the .html pages including the index page.

The new site worked fine for a few days and then out of the blue I went to check it out and when the site loaded, it had just a blank, white page (no error messages) and the title was no longer the title I gave it, rather, it was the URL address. I went back into my file manager and the index.html page was back in there! So I deleted it and shortly thereafter, the site loaded and everything was fine. It continued to work ok throughout the next day.

Tonight I went to check the site and the same thing happened again, blank screen, no title and the index.html page was back again in my file manager. If I type in www.helpingusellu.com/index.php it would load fine and then able to navigate through the site just fine. I went back to file manager and deleted the index.html file again. After doing so, when I typed in www.helpingusellu.com/index.html I got my 404 error page I built.

Does it need an exorcism? How and why would a page that I deleted (twice!) re-appear back into the file?

Thanks in advance for your insight,
    Scott

Re: Blank Home Page?

Check to be sure you have properly selected the Publishing option in Page Properties so it truly IS being published as PHP.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

UPDATE: A few minutes after deleting out the index.html file again, and posting the initial post on this thread, the site must have re-freshed and is now working. Still need the insight on how the problem occurred twice so I can prevent it from happening again.

Thought maybe I could (should?) publish the index page as an html file and keep the rest php?

(I re-did the pages to php to use the html box technique of grouping items that may change frequently but are common on all pages.)

Comment

Thanks for the idea Vasili. I double-checked the page properties the the file extension is selected as php. Any other ideas?

Comment

It seems like you still have an html index page? is it also possible that you have set up a 404 page as an index page as well. IE: if a visitor gets a bad page, instead of a 404 they get directed to an index page.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X