Modifying an existing web template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying an existing web template

Hello folks. Got to tell you, I'm really new to this Web Design technology, so need some basic pointers. I've gone through the tutorials, but I'm still a little confused.

OK here's my challenge...I purchased a Web Site Template from Monster which I now want to change to add new text and logo. The unzipped Monster folder contains multiple folders includng: screenshots, Images, Site Flash (which has flash, images and indexes) and Source (which has clipart library, flash, fonts, psd).

Here is my question. Can I use BlueVoda to modify the entire Web site template or do I have to use different applications to change different parts of the web site? I don't know what files that I have to change and which ones to leave alone. Obviously, I don't want to change the flash graphics, but I do need to change the text content, the logo etc.

Also, once done (if I ever get that far), do I publish the entire Web Site Template folder with all of these files on to my hosting site or just a subset of these? If someone could help me out, or point me to the proper infom that would be great.

Regards,

Wayne Clarke

Re: Modifying an existing web template

No. If you look at the Monster site you will see that each template was created with certain tools and needs the SAME tools in order to be modified.

To publish, usually you need to upload all files (unless you want to exclude certain parts of the purchased site) respecting the folder structure.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Modifying an existing web template

Thanks for your feedback. This helps in that I now realize that I have to find out what application was used for each piece of the puzzle. No idea which files that I will have to modify of all the files that were providedd as part of the web site package. I'll go back to Monster again to see if there are any suggestions in that regard. It's one of those things, once you have done it once, you then know what to do.

Appreciate your help.

wayne

Comment

Working...
      X