New website configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website configuration

I presently have a couple websites with VodaHost on two different computers. I will be creating another. (have not yet purchased) When I started to play around and create a new Home Page for the new site and try to save it, it wants to override my original website home page. (index.bvp) Is this because I have not yet purchased another hosting package so it only sees the the previous saved website page? I'm not sure how a second website would work if all home pages are labeled index.bvp. Call me stupid.............or call me confused. Sub folders?

Re: New website configuration

No, you need to have a new folder within your BV folder - a new folder for each website. You can only have one name for any page in a folder, or it will overwrite. So in your BV folder, you'd have other folders for each website. So yes, you answered yourself with your "sub folders".
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay thanks - I've created another sub folder in my BV folder and it's fine. Is it that easy?? Also..........am I able to use BV software and upload my site to a different web hosting service? (I think so, but I need to re-read or listen to the video again, ugh) I'm creating another site for a friend. He already has a web host and wants me to upload it there.

Comment

Yes, the sub folder is that easy. No you cannot use BV with another webhost. If he wants to use BV to build, he has to purchase from Vodahost for his hosting. And it's worth it :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X