Form submission options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form submission options

Is there an ad-free third party form submission mechanism that can be used to bypass the default html - mailto:email and send the processed form directly to a specified e-mail.

There are instances where the mailto:email format does not work for various clients.

Captcha feature would be nice also.

CLIENT ID #

Re: Form submission options

I found it at Email Me Form and it works, of course after a few hours of tinkering with it. Free and you can set a captcha as well to prevent message spam.

THis is what I did.

1. register an account at http://www.emailmeform.com/

validate the link in the e-mail you specified for the account to complete registration

2. Follow step by step and create a form (Make sure to sample the background that matches your page and the same font, etc..)

TIP: if you're including a phone field, change the validation to none, otherwise if users use dashes or parenthesis, your form will give the user an error which really sucks.

TIP: Specify the link to a page on your website that you will create later and name the page for example submit.html < This will include the message the user will get once he hits submit. (I just duplicated my feedback page in bluevoda, renamed it 'submit.html' and created a text field with a message for the user'

3. Save the html code provided after the wizard completes in a text file

3. Create your contact webpage (html) in blue voda and insert a text field where you want your form to start.

4. Type in for the text 'stophere' and save your form

5. publish the page, go to bluevoda ftp under Tools > FTP Manager Connect, and save all the files and pictures associated with the contact form locally.

Go to the folder where you saved it and right click on the main page let's say contact.html and open in notepad.

6. Do a Find for stophere and then replace the whole tag, not just the word with the HTML code you saved from the Email Me Form website and insert it. You might have to move this code a bit to different locations to get it to show up in the browser preview.

7. To test, close the notepad editor and right click the html webpage to preview it in a browser. You should be a ble to fill in the form, submit it and check your e-mail to see if you got it.

8. Make sure you create a submit html page as well with a message like
    'Thank you, successfully submitted' which you can link to once the user clicks submit on the form.

Comment

Create forms and surveys for free with Jotform&#8217;s drag-and-drop form builder. Start collecting registrations, applications, orders, and payments today.
      Have Fun, Be Safe :
      Self Defense Products
      Hidden Cameras

Comment

Why don't you simply use BV's Built in form processor ?

It will submit the visitor's info directly to your specified email address without going through the mailto: ...... , that is, without using the visitor's email client (which as you mentioned, not always works.)
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I tried that. It won't accept all of my products. To large I guess.
          Have Fun, Be Safe :
          Self Defense Products
          Hidden Cameras

Comment

Meaning ??????

A link to the form pls so we can understand what you mean ?
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I created this using jotform, which I could not with voda.
              owndefense.com/orders.php
              Have Fun, Be Safe :
              Self Defense Products
              Hidden Cameras

Comment

Well, It took me 3 minutes to reproduce your form in BV, so I can't understand why you couldn't create it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I tried to use the copy and paste method for the html box with no luck. it seems like it would only take part of my product list and not all. I thought maybe their was a limit on that. i dont no how you did it.
                  Have Fun, Be Safe :
                  Self Defense Products
                  Hidden Cameras

Comment

I tried for hours to reproduce that but couldn't figured it out. sorry
                    Have Fun, Be Safe :
                    Self Defense Products
                    Hidden Cameras

Comment

If you contact me through my site contact form, I will email it to you.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I will, Thank you.
                        Have Fun, Be Safe :
                        Self Defense Products
                        Hidden Cameras

Comment

I would recommend you to reconsider your design I had to submit two different forms from one page. Why are you actually submitting the form to two different actions. You can start with w3schools for basics. w3schools cover most of the things you need to know. For more information, you can check php.net . P.S. In my earlier example, there is an extra " for input type=submit can you design one action that will process both the forms (or to say just one form that will contain both the warehouse and address information). That action will first persist the warehouse object, and then use its id to persist the address object...

Comment

Working...
                          X