X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republishing my index page.

Hi all,
    Wondered if anyone got a fix for this.
    I have made changes to my index page www.addagrip.co.uk but after republishing I cannot see the changes. I have cleared the cache and I have saved the new file as index1, deleted the old index and then republished the new one once saved again as index.
    I have added a newsletter sign up box so would be great if someone could see if this shows up elsewhere.

Any ideas peeps?

Andy

Re: Republishing my index page.

Hi Andy you have 2 index pages - above. When you added the newsletter sign up box a .php version of the page was created.

2 things you have to do

1) Go in via blueftp and delete the .html page
    2) Make sure all your links that go back to your home page haven't been compromised. Probably will be OK if you've used http://www.addgrip.co.uk/

All the best
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Republishing my index page.

You have to have your home page named Index.html, if you do not want old home page as index.html rename to anything you want such as ophome.html, but you will have to create and publish a new page or rename any other page in your site as index.tml for web site to publish correctly if you look at the place where you publish your pages (on your hard drive somewhere. I publish to a folder on my desktop), you'll see that there is a folder called 'Site', and a file called index.html, which is your index page (the one at the top of your web pages list to the left on your iWeb site). Hope that makes sense you will see a page in your site content pane named index.html (home page), if not listed site will not publish correctly. Also do not use your web site file manager/web hosting control panel to make changes or upload files as this will cause problems publishing in future using local site builder to publish.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X