Account Suspended - TOS 10a violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Suspended - TOS 10a violation

My account was suspended without notice and all my web sites and pages removed because of a terms of service violation 10a.

I got no notice about the suspenion and when I inquired I received tis email back:

"The reason your site was suspend is because it violated clause
    10a of our terms of service which can be found on the below url.

http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-tos.htm

Your account spiked the server at 39% of CPU usage and triggered
    a fail safe auto suspend. We have 500 accounts on each server. We
    can not have one account using 39% of server CPU.

Your suspension has nothing to do with bandwidth or disk space usage.
    Your suspension is purely based on cpu abuse.

What EXACTLY are you doing?
    What scripts are you running?"

They then closed out the ticket without restoring my sites, pages or even access to my account. What's up wih that?

I'm not running anything unusual and only am using packages I downloaded from Vodahost or Fantastico and nothing else and I have no idea why CPU usage would have spiked r why they couldn't just disable the offensive page or site..... but to take every page and site down and remove them? Seems drastic.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Jim,

Re: Account Suspended - TOS 10a violation

I see them...
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

btw: I replied:

"
      I'm only running "normal" scripts provided by fantastico and vodahost... nothing outside of what's provided.

This is the second time this has happened and I've lost all me pages which now need to be republished... surely there has to be a better way.

I certainly have no intent of being a CPU hog but it's unfair to remove every page from every site I have.

What now?"

The only response I got was a closed ticket and a wised-assed "what's your point?"

All my pages and sites are down, I can't access myaccount fo reasons I can't control. they closed the ticket w/o resolving the issue and they ask what's my point?? WTF??

I've had good luck with Vodahot but this is pushing my limits.

Has anyone else been put through this?
      Jim,

Comment

Originally posted by SChajin View Post
        I see them...

Those sites are hosted somewhere else.... they're parked with another service (which Vodahost is blocking from being displayed lol)******* and not hosted by Vodahost.

my main site www.jimantics.com is down as are many others.
        Jim,

Comment

Re: Account Suspended

Please help, my site has this message on it as well....what is happening. I'm a candlemaker and my site is not accessible before Christmas!!!! I wouldn't even know how to run scripts or do something I shouldn't....it's a very basic site.

Please Help,
          Brenda
          Brenda
          www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

Re: Account Suspended - Spamvertised

I received a voda support ticket reply that says my site was spamvertised with a link about spamcop and then the ticket was closed. OMG, I'm freaking out if I've lost my site after working on it for 3 years because it was spammed by some email I know nothing about. I reopened the ticket asking for more help

Does anyone know what I need to do....will this affect my ratings that I've worked so hard to acquire?
            Brenda
            www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

Unfortunately this can only be dealt with via a VH support ticket.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the reply......my support ticket is open and I'm waiting and hoping there aren't candle orders to fill that I need to send out today to arrive by xmas.....very upsetting....
                Brenda
                www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

Working...
                X